Table of Contents
OCLUG Board Meeting July 03, 2018
- Bruce Davis (x)
- Ian Gorman ()
- Ed Hong (x)
- Kelly Kendrick ()
- Scott Murphy (x)
- John Nash (x)
- Tug Wiliams (x)
- Call to order - Tug
- Seconded - Ed
- Slack Board channel
Review of any outstanding minutes
Approval of previous minutes: May minutes not available
Regular Agenda Items
New to Linux (New Users)
Suggestion to get new users
- Social networking ** Start using Twitter ** start a hashtag like linuxottawa ** Scott set up the twitter account linux-ottawa
- Show and tell at Senior's Expo or Canada Computers
- Setting up a booth at some point of the year at a University or college
- Promote the mailing list ** Caveat - it could mean a lot of email to be answered ** We could set up queries
- Television spot
- team up with something like TrashNothing to show how older machines can be given new life.
- a page for real life uses for your old laptop/pc
L3GO (Low Level Linux Group)
- meeting next week
OCLUG Customized Bunsen Labs Distro Project Update
We appear to have a slight issue in the mail system. Tug is having issues getting the system to accept posts as far as I can yell, it is an oddball postfix interaction.
Issue fixed during meeting.
Scott needs to perform some extra work to the back end that creates the archive, as my logo has not worked yet.
Here are the rooms for the next few meetings: * Thursday, July 5th: Room P210 * Thursday, Aug 2nd: Room P216A
RE: We may not be able to get rooms in the future… Scott: I have not done much yet, going to try the library at Centerpointe tomorrow and see what our options are. I'll also try Loblaws in College Square
The list of repeating sessions
Planned Regular Meetings
- Speaker: Scott Murphy
- Topic: How to do an Ignite talk
- Speaker: Renato Carrara
- Topic: Memory Errors
Possible ignite talks:
- How about 101 uses for an LED?
- Ye Olde PDP Shoppe?
- Running RSTS for fun and Profit
- COBOL on the RaspberryPi
- Building better business applications
Linux in the Wild
Same as last year I would think. Location: Strathcona Park Date: Second Sunday on July @ 13:00 Same format as well. I’ll bring the cooler of drinks and the green one Aaron was hanging on to. People are encouraged to bring something to share.
- Speaker: Multiple (Ignite night)
- Topic: Multiple
List of future topics
- Motion to close: Tug
- Seconded: Ed