Table of Contents
OCLUG Board Meeting Oct 25, 2021
- Bruce Davis ()
- Brett Delmage (x)
- Ian Gorman ()
- Marc Moleman (x)
- Scott Murphy (x)
- John Nash (x)
- Tug Wiliams (x)
- None as of yet
The URL will be: https://six.linux-ottawa.org/Oct2021BoardMeet
Review of any outstanding minutes
- Approval of previous minutes.
- https://wiki.linux-ottawa.org/doku.php?id=boardminutes-september-2021 (If the link does not resolve, the minutes are not posted).
Regular Agenda Items
New to Linux (New Users)
Linux-Ottawa Distro Project
- Scott logged in yesterday (Oct 24), no change from the previous balance, no added notation.
- John will contact/visit Ian and get the materials from Ian (John is a signing officer)
- According to Brett, the upgrade for Debian is available
- Once he gets some free time, Scott will tackle the upgrade
- The process of building should be documented (“hit by a bus” scenario)
- If people have looked at it, I’m willing to utilize it. If we need more time, that works too
- Scott will setup an account for Tug
The list of repeating sessions
- This is still a thing to review. Has anyone looked at it yet?
- We should review our repeating sessions list and see if we want to continue them all.
Upcoming Regular Meetings
We discussed a few things, but I have not reviewed the list yet. Bring ideas!
- Scott to talk about FreedomBox (November)
- December will be scripting month
- Speaker: Scott Murphy
- Topic: FreedomBox
- Speaker: John Nash
- Topic: Image Display Software
- Speaker: Audience
- Topic: Scripting
- Speaker: Board members
- Topic: Scripting
Saturday Event - Leavitt Memorial
- This is just here so we do not forget it.
- Date: Unknown - post Covid-19
- Location: Undecided - library? (low bandwidth)
- Summary: How to do an install on your “recent” computer
- Laptop give-away (assuming we have a few)
- Scott has a few, but they need to be recovered from storage and tested
- When can we have live meetings again (TBD)
- Try hosting everything in Canada (DigitalOcean)
- Possible topic on the benefits and drawbacks on hosting local
- Security and privacy awareness (possibly a monthly talk)
- John proposed adjournment 19:58
- Seconded by Scott
boardminutes-october-2021.txt · Last modified: 2021/10/27 07:09 by 127.0.0.1