User Tools

Site Tools


OCLUG Board Meeting Oct 25, 2021



  • Bruce Davis ()
  • Brett Delmage (x)
  • Ian Gorman ()
  • Marc Moleman (x)
  • Scott Murphy (x)
  • John Nash (x)
  • Tug Wiliams (x)


  • None as of yet

Start time:




The URL will be:

Review of any outstanding minutes

  • Approval of previous minutes.
    • (If the link does not resolve, the minutes are not posted).

Regular Agenda Items

Committee Reports

New to Linux (New Users)

Linux-Ottawa Distro Project

Treasurer’s Report

  • Scott logged in yesterday (Oct 24), no change from the previous balance, no added notation.
  • John will contact/visit Ian and get the materials from Ian (John is a signing officer)

Mailing List

  • According to Brett, the upgrade for Debian is available
  • Once he gets some free time, Scott will tackle the upgrade
  • The process of building should be documented (“hit by a bus” scenario)


  • If people have looked at it, I’m willing to utilize it. If we need more time, that works too
  • Scott will setup an account for Tug

The list of repeating sessions

  • This is still a thing to review. Has anyone looked at it yet?
    • We should review our repeating sessions list and see if we want to continue them all.

Upcoming Regular Meetings

We discussed a few things, but I have not reviewed the list yet. Bring ideas!

  • Scott to talk about FreedomBox (November)
  • December will be scripting month


  • Speaker: Scott Murphy
    • Topic: FreedomBox
  • Speaker: John Nash
    • Topic: Image Display Software


  • Speaker: Audience
    • Topic: Scripting
  • Speaker: Board members
    • Topic: Scripting


  • Speaker:
    • Topic:
  • Speaker:
    • Topic:

Saturday Event - Leavitt Memorial

  • This is just here so we do not forget it.
    • Date: Unknown - post Covid-19
    • Location: Undecided - library? (low bandwidth)
    • Summary: How to do an install on your “recent” computer
    • Laptop give-away (assuming we have a few)
      • Scott has a few, but they need to be recovered from storage and tested

New Business

  • When can we have live meetings again (TBD)
  • Try hosting everything in Canada (DigitalOcean)
  • Possible topic on the benefits and drawbacks on hosting local
  • Security and privacy awareness (possibly a monthly talk)


  • John proposed adjournment 19:58
  • Seconded by Scott
boardminutes-october-2021.txt · Last modified: 2021/10/27 07:09 by