Table of Contents
- Bruce Davis (x)
- Ian Gorman (x)
- Ed Hong (x)
- Scott Murphy (x)
- John Nash (x)
- Tug Wiliams (x)
- Time: 19:37
- Call to order: Bruce
- Second: Scott
- Slack Board channel
Review of any outstanding minutes
Regular Agenda Items
AGM - coming soon
- Quorum is 15
- We have 2 proxies and counting
- official count and statement of fact, statement of accomplishment, bank balance, and volunteers for the board, done.
Who wishes to remain on the board?
Ed will be leaving everybody else appears to be staying
New to Linux
John sent Scott slides already and had a thumbs up. About how to install packages from different sources.
GitLab page for learning, updates - access for others?
The list of repeating sessions
Planned Regular Meetings
- File systems
- “10 minute introduction to a topic you didn't know existed” spots
- Man pages
- The firing line - newbie chooses topic, asks old hand to speak for 10 minutes'
- Tools and resources for newbies
- Talk about the different distress
- BSD - possibly invite a speaker
- it may be a long talk, as it is very different fro an install and administer point of view, but operates similarly since it uses most of the same tools and programs.
Topic: Installing software
Topic: turning a RPi into a network accessible KVM & reasons why, etc. It could go on for a while since it is an inherently enhanceable project.
Topic: Wine for oenophiles Speaker: John
Topic: BASICs for Linux Speaker: John
List of future topics
- Time: 20:45
- Motion: Bruce
- Seconded: Ed
boardminutesmarch-2021.txt · Last modified: 2021/04/25 20:47 by bdavis