User Tools

Site Tools





  • Bruce Davis (x)
  • Ian Gorman ( )
  • Ed Hong (x)
  • Scott Murphy (x)
  • John Nash (x)
  • Tug Wiliams (x)



Start time:

  • Time: 19:01
  • Call to order: Tug
  • Second: Scott


  • Slack Board channel

Review of any outstanding minutes

  • May minutes approved
  • No meeting in June. Minutes approved by default

Regular Agenda Items

Committee Reports

New to Linux (New Users)

  • We had a couple of new faces (Greg Cornish and Steve Miles), explicitly due to the topic. They seemed interested enough in the group as a whole, but I have no idea if they will show up on a regular basis.
  • They even went out for coffee with the group afterward.

OCLUG Customized Bunsen Labs Distro Project Update


  • installed the remastered distro as a second distro on second HD of machine I retired to my Toronto friend.
  • Time to do a trial session and remaster the Distro as Linux-Ottawa
  • Need a blank machine for testing
  • Will try to bring distro for Thurs.
  • Bruce volunteered to bring a test system.

Treasurer's Report

  • Ian not present

Meeting Location

  • Library reservation extended until January 2020
  • Alternate location being looked into by Scott. No details yet.

Mailing List


  • Ongoing: I still have not managed to get the logo I created to appear on the web page. I should be able to get to it over the next couple of weeks
  • Obviously this has a high level of importance for me.

The list of repeating sessions

Planned Regular Meetings


  • Speaker: Tug Williams
  • Topic: Raspberry Pi 4
  • Speaker: Multiple
  • Topic/Discussion: discussion of building or re-building linux hardware and software


  • Speaker: to be determined
  • Topic:


  • Speaker: Bruce
  • Topic: MediaWiki


  • Speaker: Scott
  • Topic: Ansible

List of future topics

New business:

  • Possible new meeting location further east
    • Willis College in St. Laurent Mall
    • Possibly adding Willis students to the audience of the meetings
    • Possibly poll the mailing list about what they want to do on the subject
  • Wiki clean up


  • Time: 8:01
  • Motion: Bruce
  • Seconded: John
boardminutesjuly-29-2019.txt · Last modified: 2019/07/29 20:12 by bdavis