Table of Contents
- Bruce Davis (x)
- Ian Gorman ( )
- Ed Hong (x)
- Scott Murphy (x)
- John Nash (x)
- Tug Wiliams (x)
- Time: 19:01
- Call to order: Tug
- Second: Scott
- Slack Board channel
Review of any outstanding minutes
- May minutes approved
- No meeting in June. Minutes approved by default
Regular Agenda Items
New to Linux (New Users)
- We had a couple of new faces (Greg Cornish and Steve Miles), explicitly due to the topic. They seemed interested enough in the group as a whole, but I have no idea if they will show up on a regular basis.
- They even went out for coffee with the group afterward.
OCLUG Customized Bunsen Labs Distro Project Update
- installed the remastered distro as a second distro on second HD of machine I retired to my Toronto friend.
- Time to do a trial session and remaster the Distro as Linux-Ottawa
- Need a blank machine for testing
- Will try to bring distro for Thurs.
- Bruce volunteered to bring a test system.
- Ian not present
- Library reservation extended until January 2020
- Alternate location being looked into by Scott. No details yet.
- Ongoing: I still have not managed to get the logo I created to appear on the web page. I should be able to get to it over the next couple of weeks
- Obviously this has a high level of importance for me.
The list of repeating sessions
Planned Regular Meetings
- Speaker: Tug Williams
- Topic: Raspberry Pi 4
- Speaker: Multiple
- Topic/Discussion: discussion of building or re-building linux hardware and software
- Speaker: to be determined
- Speaker: Bruce
- Topic: MediaWiki
- Speaker: Scott
- Topic: Ansible
List of future topics
- Possible new meeting location further east
- Willis College in St. Laurent Mall
- Possibly adding Willis students to the audience of the meetings
- Possibly poll the mailing list about what they want to do on the subject
- Wiki clean up
- Time: 8:01
- Motion: Bruce
- Seconded: John
boardminutesjuly-29-2019.txt · Last modified: 2019/07/29 20:12 by bdavis