Table of Contents
- Bruce Davis (x)
- Ian Gorman (x)
- Ed Hong (x)
- Kelly Kendrick (x)
- Scott Murphy (x)
- John Nash ()
- Tug Wiliams (x)
- Call to order: Scott
- Second: Bruce
Slack Board channel
Review of any outstanding minutes
Nov 2018 needs trouble shooting. has the wrong date.
Regular Agenda Items
New to Linux (New Users)
- There was something of a brainstorming session with Ed regarding printer drivers with P.D.G.
- Scott suggesting taking pictures (perhaps in jest) and notes about these sessions so that we can remember people and issues.
L3GO (Low Level Linux Group)
- Suggestion for dropping this as a standard part of the board meeting due to lack of continuous activity.
- Suggestion to make it a pending issue until discussed with RGB
- the suggestion moved to new business
OCLUG Customized Bunsen Labs Distro Project Update
John not present
- Balance - $5,099.19 - we think
- Working on resetting the password.
- We discovered that if the account is idle for too long, Alterna takes it off the internet
- Ordered 25 cheques - to be picked up by Scott in a few days
- Starting next meeting we will be “passing the hat” to cover the cost of the meeting room that we are no longer getting for free.
- Possible name change for the corporation that will involve making changes at the back ** may change the address to a P.O. box at Dymon ** Agreement to change the name and address at bank around April. Same time as submission for name change to government.
The list of repeating sessions
Planned Regular Meetings
- Speaker: Qingwei Zhang
- Topic: wireguard
- Speaker: Brenda J. Butler
- Topic: quilt
List of future topics
Potential add-ons: *
- Remove L3GO from monthly meetings unless there is a specific request.
- The group runs as a separate entity other than the hosting of the mailing list.
- Will re-evaluate if RGB has a suggestion that warrants reconsideration.
- Rebranding - Name change
- Changing the name of the corporation from OCLUG to Linux-Ottawa
- Cost approx. $150.00
- Using some of the money in the bank to invest in a term deposit.
- need to research the options and ramifications before making a decision.
- does this impact corporate status?
- What are the costs of the investment?
- Does it require a 2nd account at the bank?
- Is there any threshold that we have to stay under?
- Amounts under consideration are $2000 or $2500.
- Proposal for a summary to be circulated to cover the information that we need to know before making a decision.
- Scott to ask his accountant for advice on the subject.
- Rebranding - Stickers
- Scott has some new stickers to show and pass out
- There may be some quality control issues so check before handing out
- A complaint has been made so there may be some more headed our way but not known yet.
- Previous versions were digital and there was no alignment issues. The latest was down by silkscreen and there were issues so we may want to get any future product done digitally
- Motion: Scott
- Seconded: Bruce
boardminutesjanuary-28-2019.txt · Last modified: 2019/02/12 21:16 by bdavis