Board Minutes April 2009
Location: Roland Renaud's house.
Present: maggi Margaret Tidman rj_ren Roland Renaud ttidman Tyler Tidman mcr Michael Richardson nashjc John Nash wardi Ian Ward eric Eric Brackenbury
- Approval of Agenda OclugBoardAgenda
- Approve Last Month's Board Meeting Minutes BoardMinutesMarch2009
approved unanimously. One change from Margaret.
- Review OclugBoardForwardAgenda
passed unanimously. back to school items updated.
- Roles of new Board Members
** John Nash - President/Spokesperson ** Roland Renaud - Speaker Coordinator ** Margaret Tidman - Treasurer ** Eric Brackenbury - Member at Large ** Tyler Tidman - Secretary ** Ian Ward - Vice-President
- End of School with Linux - with CSSA
April 28. Location: C0136. (SITE) Volunteers: John (11-1), Brad Hudson (12-4), Damien Jero (1-4), Michael (2-4), Sylvia Boyd (4-close) Equipment: router, monitor. Will bring: old laptop, 8-port hub, network cables, USB cdrom drive. Tyler has ~45 CDs, need to get some CDs from him. Dry run for September.
- Back to School with Linux - with CSSA
September 7th event. Noted.
- Upcoming meetings
May 5 is next meeting: WINE, and REGEXP. new linux people BOF report: short talk on topics such as window managers, - wifi - google earth - MEPIS? - slocate - command line editing. - boot loaders - package managers - KDE4, user visible changes. - mythtv, - cygwin - virtualization. ACTION: Add these to wiki page. June meeting... panel/unpanel on distros, why,how,where,...ISSUES, not ANSWERS. Advertise more stuff on wiki at meeting. Who was the NOT-NEW-TO-LINUX BOF? Notes from it? None to report. followup with FOSSLC Summercamp.
- Meeting room arrangements
done for may/june/august.
- Get more business cards, #13
- Programming Olympics page. AlgonquinProgrammingOlympics
margaret has been in contact with Rex Woollard, and Charlie Inglis.
* Updating the Board of Directors page that is linked from the main page
TUX BACKUPS: WORK session to raidify, and backup TUX.
Meeting adjourned at
boardminutesapril2009.txt · Last modified: 2015/06/09 15:23 by 127.0.0.1