Board Minutes March 2009
Feel free to add an item of discussion to the OCLUG Board Agenda.
'2009-03-17, John Nash's place.
PRESENT: nashjc, maggi, mcr, roland, tyler. regrets: Ian (present in IRC)
Important fact that we obsessed over: all flavoured chips have MSG, except those from shoppers drug mart.
- approval of agenda
added AGM issues.
- Approve Last Month's Board Meeting Minutes BoardNotesFebruary2009
no questions about what was discussed. These are not official. no motion.
- AGM preperation
- Ian put up candidates page. - we have 5 people running, MCR not standing again. - should send out an email at the time: oclug-announce. - Roland has ballot box. - maggi will make ballots up. - we will ask for a volunteer from the group to scrutinize. - discussion about bylaws and how/if/when to change it. - need a membership list. (ACTION: mcr) - ice-breaker question: what do you want OCLUG do this coming year?
- Review OclugBoardForwardAgenda
- noted no work on Programming Olympics. Added item to agenda! - added LitW booking.
- Programming Olympics.
- maggi will coordinate contacting Programming Olympics people. - coordinate with last year's judges: Don Kelly, Rob Echlin, John Nash, Tyler Tidman. - would look for more publicity for involvement of OCLUG. - do we need more judges? different judges? Does not think so. - do we want to offer more prizes? bigger prizes? NAMES: Rex Woolard, Ian Allen, Richard Hagemeier.
* Back to School with linux.
- had meeting with CSSA executive at 6:40pm today. - April 28 for first event. - poster ready by around March 30, to be posted at OttawaU. - OCLUG to provide 2-3 bodies, 11am to 4pm, room to be determined. Suggested 2-3 shifts. - September 7 (labour day) is date for second event. - announcement to be made at April 7 meeting. - ACTION: nashjc to contact M.Racine about network access: cabling, but also sample accounts for VPN and WPA2 (several) - business cards, brochures, CDs, network cables, access point, switch. - publicity! ASK OBJ, Russell, IT*, Rotonde, Fulcrum to cover this.
- get new business cards, #13
- remind Ian to get cards. -
MCR asked PC-Financial, and it is not an option.
- upcoming meetings.
- speaker for April? It's an AGM. - AJH. - resume speaker who ran out of time in March: WINE appreciation. - beginners talking about a BOF! - much discussion about how to pitch talks at different levels of people.
- tux management.
- if tux dies, board has decided not to repair it, but to replace or virtual host. (tux not yet dead) - we should verify backups (ACTION: mcr to look at this again, ask wardi to backup too) - ACTION: maggi, compensate RGB for hosting cost.
boardminutesmarch2009.txt · Last modified: 2015/06/09 15:23 by 127.0.0.1