Table of Contents
- Bruce Davis (x)
- Ian Gorman (x)
- Ed Hong (x)
- Scott Murphy (x)
- John Nash (x)
- Tug Wiliams (x)
- Time: 19:05
- Call to order: Scott
- Second: Ed
- Slack Board channel
Review of any outstanding minutes
- Bruce absent for March meeting so will create minutes from the slack channel logs.
- Approval postponed until next meeting
Regular Agenda Items
New to Linux (New Users)
- Nobody stood out as a new user
- We might be able to pick up some new users if we partner with the library. Scott will be talking to them to see if they are interested in partnering for some Linux sessions
OCLUG Customized Bunsen Labs Distro Project Update
- Nothing new since last month.
- The distro could be raised in priority if we get Saturday or similar sessions for newbies.
- Scott will check with the library to see if Saturday sessions are a possibility.
- $5,059.92 in the bank.
- Ian has a working password, but there still seems to be some issues.
- We didn’t pass the hat last meeting, my bad.
- Scott still has to send information to Ian again re expenses
- Scott still has to pop into the bank to get the password reset.
- Scott has managed to get the Library booked for all months except November and December, at this point. They don't book that far in advance.
- Suggestion to partner with library and offer beginner classes on Linux. - Possibly an afternoon session for absolute beginners and they are welcome to attend the topic sessions on the Thursday session.
- Installfest twice a year, intro sessions the other months or break it up into multiple groups, depends on experienced participants
- Mailing list graphic - still an item, just low priority.
- The server and the SSL cert were updated last night, so all appears good.
The list of repeating sessions
Planned Regular Meetings
- Speaker: Scott Murphy
- Topic: Two Factor Keys/Auth Keys/USB Security Devices - Some information on what they are, what you use them for and why you might care
- Speaker: Scott
- Possible topic: Digitizing Media (show and tell format)
- Possible topic: snipeitapp asset management
List of future topics
Potential add-ons: * that most of the major vendors (including Lenovo) provide native firmware updates via Linux. The only catch is you need a UEFI system. * OpenHab - home automation on a raspberry pi (or other system) - Apparently this system can talk to every potentially connected toy I have (garage door opened excluded (so far))
Video Preservation through Linux (or other means) - John has been archiving old VHS tapes using one of my toys. Maybe he would like to talk about it? - I have a couple of digitizer devices that work with most Operating systems and have used them for many things. I like the appliance units for the most part - - digitizing 8mm movies - - digitizing old VHS tapes - - digitizing slides - - digitizing negatives
- Time: 20:41
- Motion: Scott
- Seconded: Tug
- Speaker: Unknown
- Topic: Unknown
The technologies have improved over the years. I also have cassette tape to USB and vinyl to usb devices.