Board Minutes March 2010
Location: Renaud Residence Time : 19:22
Present: maggi Margaret Tidman tylert Tyler Tidman EricB1 Eric Brackenbury wardi Ian Ward rj_ren Roland Renaud nashjc John Nash
- Approval of Agenda OclugBoardAgenda
- Approve Last Month's Board Meeting Minutes BoardMinutesFebruary2010
- Review OclugBoardForwardAgenda
- Donations from March 2010 meeting
Cheque for March donations was given to Treasurer
* Potential upcoming meetings
May: NetNeutrality, MCR - *confirmed* June: GPS in Linux - tangogps July: Linux in the Wild - *confirmed* IPv6, MCR supercomputers from PC clusters, MatthewB
- Open requests for new Board Members to start the 2010 term in April
ACTION: Ian to send out email to Linux and oclug-announce mailing list to solicit new board members.
- Finalize AGM details.
ACTION: Bring paper in case we need to do up ballots. Roland will bring ballot box. John to write up a Presidents report. Margaret to write up a Financial report. Richard to give his financial review comments.
- Finding someone to “financial review” of the financial statements
RESULT: Richard H offered to "audit" the books again this year. ACTION: Margaret to meet with Richard between March 17 and March 31.
- Sys Admin matters,
ACTION: Cleaning up old root access. RESULT: Decision was to keep people with root access as is, for now.
- Changing corporate address.
RESULT: MCR agreed to use his home address as OCLUG's corporate address. ACTION: paperwork will be completed and submitted once the new board members are serving... hopefully by mid April
- Book offer from Brian Barber
ACTION: John to follow up with him.
- Upgrading SQL Ledger to LedgerSMB?
ACTION: Margaret to review LedgerSMB, make sure it works and that it is a good replacement for SQL Ledger, data transfer from from SQL Ledger, user friendly... etc.
- Looking for locations for doing tutorials
ACTION: John may be able to get space at University of Ottawa, will look into this.
- Replacement for Programming Olympics
Look into doing some sort of student contest at the Science and Technology Museum. ACTION: John to follow up with contact at museum.
- Suggestion from a member regarding investing in a GIC.
RESULT: At current interest rates it is not worth the locking the money in.
- Potential hardware upgrade for TUX (new machine)
Looking at a budget around $800 - $1000 for new machine ACTION: John to speak to RGB regarding space/size requirements, will copy sysadmin group to get feedback.
- Margaret moved to adjourn @ 21:14
boardminutesmarch2010.txt · Last modified: 2015/06/09 15:23 by 127.0.0.1