Table of Contents
OCLUG Board Meeting Jul 26, 2021
- Bruce Davis (x)
- Brett Delmage (x)
- Ian Gorman (x)
- Marc Moleman () - Will attempt to attend, in Winnipeg
- Scott Murphy (x)
- John Nash ()
- Tug Wiliams (x)
None as of yet
The URL will be: https://six.linux-ottawa.org/Jul2021BoardMeet
Review of any outstanding minutes
Approval of previous minutes.
- Minutes approved
Regular Agenda Items
New to Linux (New Users)
On hiatus since we are using the first talk for this purpose.
Linux-Ottawa Distro Project
Nothing new here yet. Marc has been getting a couple of systems together for the purposes of doing some installs and documentation.
- Scott has logged in again, no change from the previous balance, no added notation.
- John was going to check his access
- We need to get Ian some GPG keys and a method of using it with Gmail. Mutt works :), along with Thunderbird. There may be a browser plugin, but I am not sure.
- Based on the recent mailing list activity and the breaking of signing, we will be moving back to Mailman.
- Brett has volunteered to take on the work.
- We have had some back and forth and given a number of other deficiencies, we are considering doing a clean install of the linux-ottawa server in order to remove the old cruft and make sure we have no useless software installed.
- We have not set a date for this yet, but we have a plan outlined
- Proposal for getting a new server for the Mail Server for the purpose of building a new server and cutting over rather than trying to rebuild the existing one on the existing server. Estimated cost being less than $10 per month for the duration of the migration.
- Vote on Do we spend the money to get an additional server to install the mail software on a current OS and migrate the existing content over:
- 5 yays
- 0 nays
Any commentary on it? I’m not sure who has tried it out yet, but it looks promising to me
- Scott will give every member of the board accounts.
The list of repeating sessions
This is still a thing to review. Has anyone We should review our repeating sessions list and see if we want to continue them all.
Upcoming Regular Meetings
I know we discussed a few things, but I have not reviewed the list yet. Bring ideas!
- Topic: New2Linux: To be named, but almost ready. Just needs some clean up.
- Speaker: Scott Murphy
- Topic: Digital Signage for the home (tentative) - I have not installed it yet, but that should happen Tuesday.
- Topic: New2Linux:
- Speaker: Scott Murphy
- Topic: Balena “cloud service” results
Saturday Event - Leavitt Memorial
- Date: Unknown - post Covid-19
- Location: Undecided - library?
- Summary: How to do an install on your “recent” computer
- Laptop give-away (assuming we have a few)
- Scott has a few, but they need to be recovered from storage and tested
- Scott will be contacting Ian in reference to GPG
- Ian will be looking into Visual Accessibility solutions for Linux
- Tug proposed adjournment 20:08
- Seconded by Bruce
boardminutesjuly-2021.txt · Last modified: 2021/08/23 18:08 by bdavis