Board Minutes August 2008
Location: Margaret and Tyler's house.
Present: maggi Margaret Tidman rj_ren Roland Renaud ttidman Tyler Tidman mcr Michael Richardson nashjc John Nash wardi Ian Ward
- approval of agenda
- Approve Last Month's Board Meeting Minutes BoardMinutesJune2008
- Review OclugBoardForwardAgenda
items added for 2009.
- Still to do: Review/followup Suggestions from ticket tracking
Outreach to universities: John Nash has been trying to contact CS departments. Could we co-sponsor an event with Carleton CS/Ottawa U CS. "Back to school with Linux".
- Ubuntu CDs received
Ubuntu CDs are not yet on library shelves. Likely waiting for vacations to return. Tyler will prod to make sure that they are available.
- status of speakers
- meeting room arrangements
Karen Ballard <firstname.lastname@example.org> Support Services Officer (web site says she's "budget officer") Computer Studies Department Algonquin College T307b - Woodroffe Campus (613)727-4723 ext. 5948 http://algonquincollege.com/sat/cs/contact.htm
- need speakers for September
Two speakers for September. The room is T117. The dates are: September 2. October 7. November 4. December 2. Need speakers for Oct/Nov/Dec.
Let's present a list on Tuesday of ListOfApplications.
- get new cards new cards, #13
June 2008: get pamphlets printed up We got some quotes for brochures, Ian's were the best, but we need to find the list again. ACTION: Ian will look this up again.
- June 2008: determine how many business card are left, order more.
ACTION: order more business cards.
- June 2008: look at tux backups
We need to organize another work-party. TUX is at Richard's house. Spare-TUX still needs ram. ACTION: MCR will organize a work-party.
- New Business
Anyone planning to go to Onlinux.ca? End of October. JCNASH: maybe. MCR: maybe. Tyler/Maggi: maybe.
- moderation of oclug-announce list (spam issue)
oclug-announce was letting spam through. who are the moderators? Ian can moderate, and Brenda can. DaveEdwards (dle) needs someone else to moderate the linux-novice list.
- programming olympics page. AlgonquinProgrammingOlympics
The programming olympics page is still 2007. We need to post the 2008 results. ACTION: Need to ask Bill Case to update the page, or move it to the wiki. Need to get pictures.
- bank choices
Discussion about changing away from Alterna Bank. Is it worth changing banks? we'd have to make a trip to branch as a group. ACTION: MCR will ask PCFinancial.
- power bars for TheCodeFactory power bars: #39
We will look at purchasing about $200 of these, and ask the members if they want to order some as well.
- A THANK YOU TO MARGARET and TYLER for organizing LitW.
Adjourned at 21:02.
boardminutesaugust2008.txt · Last modified: 2015/06/09 15:23 by 127.0.0.1