October Board Meeting
October Meeting: October Board Meeting
Date: October 19, 2010 at 7 p.m.
Location: University of Ottawa DMS 6160
The OCLUG Board will meet Tuesday, Oct 19, 2010, in DMS 6160. This is on the 6th floor of the Desmarais Building at the University of Ottawa, 55 Laurier E. (The curved building, 12 storeys.) The Transitway Laurier Station is right by the door on its East/South direction, and across the road for the North/West direction. Parking is available underneath, but at high prices.
OCLUG Board meetings are open to all members. The Agenda will be posted on the OCLUG Wiki. A particular item that will be put early on the agenda will be the reorganization of our Tux server. A summary of the discussions to date (apart from Board minutes on the OCLUG wiki) is as follows:
- Tux is old and needs to be changed, both h/w and s/w.
- Some technical glitches in the communications setup on Tux initiated a chain of unfortunate misunderstandings, with inappropriate and incorrect statements being made about the Board's actions.
- Existing config seems more complicated than needed.
- Changes in the membership of the Board and Sysadmin group mean we need to make sure we know who to contact when things do not work correctly.
- Research by Lisa with broadly-based input suggests one possible simpler config and a transition plan to get there. If there are reasons WHY particular choices are poor, we need to have those reasons clearly presented.
history/meeting/68.txt · Last modified: 2018/03/29 20:44 by 127.0.0.1