Table of Contents
Group51.org and ethical hacking
January Meeting: Group51.org and ethical hacking
Date: January 7, 2010 at 7 p.m.
Location: Algonquin College (Woodroffe Campus), room B457
NOTE: MEETINGS WILL BE ON THURSDAY in room B457 UNTIL summer
Speaker: Jeff Green
Jeff Green from Ottawa will be introducing a new Ottawa based ethical hacking group that aims to provide educational resources for those entering a career in IT Security or simply want to have a better personal understanding. This presentation is targetted for a beginner to intermediate audience.
Some of the focal points:
- Introduction: What is Group51.org
- Our Playground: Live Demo
- Encrypted tunnels and our darknet
- Discuss our active projects (WPA decryption, Router Cracking & More)
- How we keep things legal.
- Linux @ Group51
- Opportunities and Volunteering Administrative Roles (For your Resume)
This will be followed by a discussion on ethical hacking.
Entire meeting; to allow for discussion.
Possible Topics that need speakers.
- machine security setup, encryption, GPG configuration, etc
- security panel
- build your own linux server and website
About the Speaker
tbd is a speaker we call upon when we don't yet have a real speaker for the meeting or when there are multiple speakers for a panel discussion or BOF.