Linux and Photography
January Meeting: Linux and Photography
Date: January 6, 2009 at 7 p.m.
Location: Algonquin College (Woodroffe Campus), room T117
Panel members will give a short talk about some aspect of Linux and photography followed by a few questions. After the last talk, we'll have a general discussion where anyone can ask questions and anyone can answer them.
Panel members are:
Eric Brackenbury, Richard Guy Briggs, Yanick Champoux, Jean Richard
- JPEG vs. RAW and how this can affect white balance
- DCRAW and UFRAW
- Workflow, batch processing, custom scripts and web presentation.
- Improving pictures for printing, and RAW files.
- Digikam tour and Perl backend to link pictures with Flickr's.
- Workflow for getting photos from the camera to the finished product.
(Image of Tux with camera from http://mercury.chem.pitt.edu/~sasha/LinuxFocus/English/September2003/article311.shtml)