Table of Contents
Future Meeting Topics
Here are some possible topics for future OCLUG meetings.
Send mail to the OCLUG mailing list to suggest other topics or people who would be willing to give a presentation.
NOTE: We have plenty of topics – we need people to present. You need not be the expert – we have had considerable success with panel discussions that allow multiple “small” contributions. Contact any board member or post here if you can assist.
- RSS/ATOM feed readers/akregators
- GIT and other revision control s/w
- presentation software (Magicpoint, Negative, Openffice/ppt)
- browser variations
- Firefox extensions
- screen casting
- The future of Linux
- gimp, script-fu
- Licensing issues
- Window managers
- How to Live With your Windows-Manager
- Linux on a Thumb Drive - how to put Linux on a USB key (J-F Messier could do it)
- travel with Linux
- ins and outs of a remix
- IDE (Integrated Development Environments)
- Programmer's editors (Emacs, VIM, others)
- How to build your own distro.
- File system comparison: ext2, 3, 4, FAT, NTFS
- Security issues of different file systems.
- Interworking Linux with other operating systems.
- There will always be some Windows machines in the environment.
- How to make Windows “easier” to use (eg: Cygwin)
- How to transfer files, (scp, putty, rsync).
- How to access Linux X windows graphical applications from Windows machines (xming).
- How to access Windows machines from Linux (rdesktop)
Possible Beginner/New to Linux Topics
- How to use the command line; and why you want to use it.
Please update this page with new ideas, or contact someone who can.
futuremeetingtopics.txt · Last modified: 2015/06/09 15:23 by 127.0.0.1