Table of Contents
= OCLUG Board Minutes Nov 16, 2010 =
Meeting Date: 2010-11-16 at 19:00
Location: Eric's (in Carp)
Present: all board members.
- Approval of agenda
Moved: LL, seconded EB. Approved.
- Approve Last Month's Board Meeting Minutes BoardMinutesOctober2010
Moved: RR, Seconded MK. Approved.
- Financial Report
Nov. meeting: $45.75
JN expense 20.99 for linux-ottawa.org domain.
- Panic book update(s)
#1 = LL, #2 = JST, #3 = EB, #4 = JN, #5 = MK, #6 = RR
Thanks to LL for initial content.
- Corporate address status
MCR says he has been getting mail. JN/LL to check with MCR at IPv6 meeting.
- Review OclugBoardForwardAgenda
- possible collaboration with C4C to generate suitable Randal Leavitt memorial
MCR (virtual desktops)
Matthew Bastian (?? topic) EB to ask Ivo Mokros (?? topic) EB to ask February: Lisa wiki stuff Panel on Grub2 (who?) - rooms RR will ask R Hagemeyer
- Investigation of rooms for special events (e.g., Trend Arlington – MK found no wireless, limited power)
Bronson Center – wireless(?), power(?)
OPL - wifi at branches if Library Card. Emerald Plaza $25 for 4 hours. --- potential idea GIMP tutorial "Randal Leavitt Memorial Tutorials" An occasional series of workshops on F/L software. Ask family if they are OK with it. $5 or so registration (Paypal?) and give out "materials". Ask for volunteers at main meeting. - review other items.
- Update on action items from last Board meeting (excepting Tux)
LL - google calendar done
- Need to decide who will keep it up.
MK - small change still to deposit
JN - ask R Echlin if he'll do a "Tux Taste" * Upcoming meetings Covered elsewhere
- Membership and outreach
LL - swag for meetings e.g., Nostarch Press, O'Reilly, Make Magazine
Swag Subcommittee / Linux book exchange Announce at meeting
- OCLUG support of Ottawa IPv6 Summit
The Ottawa IPv6 Summit organizing committee requests that OCLUG support
the initiative by providing working cash up to $500 to be repaid on the assumption that receipts are sufficient. Monies will be handled by Bart Trojanowski and proper records and receipts will be kept. The estimated revenue is 120 attendees at approx. $65 each. ($7800) The fixed costs are: rooms less than $500. marketing/promotion costs: less $1000 web site and bank charges: $300 speaker costs: $2000 to $3000. The variable costs are: lunch: <$30/person. Total costs: $8400, assuming worst case costs above. We would not budget a deficit, and we are seeking sponsors. Most (90%) of speakers will be contributing their time and travel costs.
Moved: RR, Seconded MK. nem con.
- Tux setup planning. Agenda below. Implementation plan discussed. See MigrationPlan
Tux Setup Planning
- Panic book – update
- access passwords (which?)
- financial info
- corporation no. and address(es)
- directors contact info.
- moderators contact info. and scope
- update mechanism – put on agenda for each month
- Platform choice
- Base software
- php5 (??)
- Web material
- AUP for users (could be via mailing list)
- google calendar: Need to decide who will keep it up.
- Mailing lists:
- On host: Mailman, postfix, postgreSQL, SpamAssassin or link to spam filter, other??
- Outsourced (e.g., Freelists): ??
- Domain forwarding
Timing and Players
boardminutesnovember2010.txt · Last modified: 2015/06/09 15:23 by 127.0.0.1