This is an old revision of the document!
Table of Contents
OCLUG Board Meeting May 25, 2017
- Kelly Kendrick (x)
- Scott Murphy (x)
- Bruce Davis (x)
- Ian Gorman (x)
- John Nash ()
Virtual via OCLUG Slack
Approval of Agenda
Moved by Bruce Seconded by Ian
Review of any outstanding minutes
- Approval of April minutes - approved
- Kelly moved to approved
- Scott seconded
Regular Agenda Items
New to Linux (New Users)
- (Scott) “None that I can remember, maybe there was something I missed”
L3GO (Low Level Linux Group)
- (IanG) “There was, but I did not attend this month”
OCLUG Distro Project Update
- Hacking event summary
- there were three people present and progress was made. John probably posted the notes in the wiki if anyone is interested.
- Change account type so we only receive electronic copies
- If this does not allow for viewing online, then RBC offers this
service. Maybe even TD. Tangerine might serve, but read-only and
deposit access may be an issue. * Get at least one additional signature on the bank account * Currently: Scott, Aaron, Rob and RGB. * Ian, possibly John to be added. * Might need to remove Aaron, Rob and RGB. * We will appoint a treasurer at the first meeting after the AGM * No movement was made on this beyond contacting Aaron to see if he would be available for this task. He is available whenever we get it set up * I need to visit the Bells Corners branch and find out if we can do it there or if we need to go downtown.
We have a room for the next three meetings. Kelly is supposed to have you're doing that an idea as to the availability of a room at his building. * need to find out about cost and parking before making a decision
Old Data Recovery
- Still have not spent any time on this yet, hoping to get to it shortly.
- John was going to look into ACLs
- A couple of plugins were added.
OCLUG Branding Continuation
- No movement on this beyond the stickers arrived. I'll have handfulls for the meeting on June 1
- No action here. Will be emailing Richard about the hardware.
- Not too sure about the static approach at this time, need to look at the functions and who is using them.
(scott) Tux maintenance. I have not talked to RGB about shutting down the old hardware and migrating to a VPS yet, however I have acquired a VPS to use and will get started on the migration shortly. Changing from Django may not happen, as we do use some of the functionality.
Board Meetings and Openness
- The calendar item I mentioned will probably solve this. Meetings will be listed, as well as board meetings. The board meeting item will have a statement that the meetings are open to members.
### Mailing List Rework
- Nothing done here yet. I'll be getting to it over the next couple of
- Just as a reminder, the action items that come out of this are:
- Calendar system that allows subscriptions (see previous item as well)
- Archiving of the old lists and making them available
- Investigate upgrading Mailman to v3 or replace it with [mlmmj](http://mlmmj.org/)
Planned Regular Meetings
- Speaker: Bruce Davis
- Topic: What I learned at HTML 150
Linux in the Wild 2017
- July 16, 13:00 at Strathcona Park
- We should have a demo of something - ideas? My drone is out, no longer allowed to fly it there.
- Speaker: Scott Murphy
- Pi Night
- Using a Raspberry Pi as a Software Defined Radio
- Raspberry Pi FM transmitter
List of possible topics
Dropping the list of topics from the agenda this month, we will revisit next month