User Tools

Site Tools


boardminutesmay2009

Differences

This shows you the differences between two versions of the page.

Link to this comparison view

boardminutesmay2009 [2015/06/09 15:23] (current)
Line 1: Line 1:
 +[[http://​devel.oclug.on.ca/​wiki|wiki front page]]
 +
 +====== Board Minutes May 2009 ======
 +
 +**Location**:​ Tidman house
 +**Time** : 19:45pm
 +
 +<​code>​
 +Present: ​
 +   ​maggi ​  ​Margaret Tidman
 +   ​rj_ren ​ Roland Renaud
 +   ​ttidman Tyler Tidman
 +   ​nashjc ​ John Nash
 +   ​wardi ​  Ian Ward
 +   ​eric ​   Eric Brackenbury
 +   ​rechlin Rob Echlin
 +</​code>​
 +
 +
 +====== Agenda ======
 +
 +  * Approval of Agenda [[:​OclugBoardAgenda]]
 +<​code>​
 +Approved unanimously.
 +</​code>​
 +
 +
 +  * Approve Last Month'​s Board Meeting Minutes [[:​BoardMinutesApril2009]]
 +<​code>​
 +Approved unanimously.
 +</​code>​
 +
 +
 +  * Review OclugBoardForwardAgenda
 +<​code>​
 +Done.  LS2009 bus determined to be too difficult so will be withdrawn.
 +We should announce BackToSchoolWithLinux at all meetings between now and September (June & August).
 +</​code>​
 +
 +
 +  * Programming Olympics page. AlgonquinProgrammingOlympics ​
 +<​code>​
 +Rob Echlin, John Nash, Tyler Tidman, Margaret Tidman have volunteered to judge.
 +Discussed judging criteria used other years.
 +Decision was made to allow both a $500 prize and an optional $250 additional prize if there is a second worthy team.
 +</​code>​
 +
 +
 +  * Donations from May meeting ​
 +<​code>​
 +Cheque has been submitted to the Treasurer.
 +</​code>​
 +
 +   
 +  * Change board email list 
 +<​code>​
 +Continue to use board-members alias as before.
 +</​code>​
 +
 +  ​
 +  * Possible digital photography sub-group
 +<​code>​
 +Decision to hold semi-regular tutorial-type work sessions at either the CodeFactory and/or ExitCertified to discuss topics of interest to linux photography buffs.  ​
 +We need to announce this at the meetings. ​ JohnNash will start another wiki page to try to reign in this chaos.
 +</​code>​
 +
 +
 +  * Update on Linux in the Wild 
 +<​code>​
 +Site L at VincentMasseyPark has been booked for July 26th.
 +</​code>​
 +
 +  ​
 +  * Upcoming meetings
 +<​code>​
 +June meeting... panel/​unpanel on distros, why,​how,​where,​...ISSUES,​ not ANSWERS.
 +Advertise more stuff on wiki at meeting.
 +</​code>​
 +
 +
 +  * Update signing authorities for bank account ​
 +<​code>​
 +Remove bjb and mcr... add john and tyler.
 +ACTION: Maggi to contact Alterna to see which branch we have to go to.
 +</​code>​
 +
 +
 +  * Other
 +<​code>​
 +TUX BACKUPS: WORK session to raidify and backup TUX.
 +ACTION: John to bring up at next general meeting to get volunteers
 +</​code>​
 +
 +   
 +  * John moved to adjourn, seconded by Eric, ajourned at 21:54.
  
boardminutesmay2009.txt ยท Last modified: 2015/06/09 15:23 (external edit)