User Tools

Site Tools


boardminutesmarch2010

Differences

This shows you the differences between two versions of the page.

Link to this comparison view

boardminutesmarch2010 [2015/06/09 15:23] (current)
Line 1: Line 1:
 + *DRAFT*
 +
 +[[http://devel.oclug.on.ca/wiki|wiki front page]]
 +
 +====== Board Minutes March 2010 ======
 +
 +**Location**: Renaud Residence
 +**Time** : 19:22
 +
 +<code>
 +Present: 
 +   maggi   Margaret Tidman
 +   tylert  Tyler Tidman
 +   EricB1  Eric Brackenbury
 +   wardi   Ian Ward
 +   rj_ren  Roland Renaud
 +   nashjc  John Nash
 +</code>
 +
 +
 +====== Agenda ======
 +
 +  * Approval of Agenda [[:OclugBoardAgenda]]
 +<code>
 +Approved.
 +</code>
 +
 +
 +  * Approve Last Month's Board Meeting Minutes [[:BoardMinutesFebruary2010]]
 +<code>
 +Approved.
 +</code>
 +
 +
 +  * Review OclugBoardForwardAgenda
 +<code>
 +Approved.
 +</code>
 +
 +
 +  * Donations from March 2010 meeting 
 +<code>
 +Cheque for March donations was given to Treasurer 
 +</code>
 +
 +   
 +  * Potential upcoming meetings
 +<code>
 +May: NetNeutrality, MCR - *confirmed*
 +June: GPS in Linux - tangogps
 +July: Linux in the Wild - *confirmed*
 +IPv6, MCR
 +supercomputers from PC clusters, MatthewB
 +</code>
 +
 +
 +  * Open requests for new Board Members to start the 2010 term in April
 +<code>
 +ACTION: Ian to send out email to Linux and oclug-announce mailing list to solicit new board members.
 +</code>
 +
 +
 +
 +  * Finalize AGM details.
 +<code>
 +ACTION: Bring paper in case we need to do up ballots. Roland will bring ballot box. John to write up a Presidents report. Margaret to write up a Financial report. Richard to give his financial review comments.
 +</code>
 +
 +
 +  * Finding someone to "financial review" of the financial statements
 +<code>
 +RESULT: Richard H offered to "audit" the books again this year.
 +ACTION: Margaret to meet with Richard between March 17 and March 31.
 +</code>
 +
 +
 +  * Sys Admin matters, 
 +<code>
 +ACTION: Cleaning up old root access.
 +RESULT: Decision was to keep people with root access as is, for now.
 +</code>
 +
 +
 +**Other**
 +
 +  * Changing corporate address.  
 +<code>
 +RESULT: MCR agreed to use his home address as OCLUG's corporate address.
 +ACTION: paperwork will be completed and submitted once the new board members are serving... hopefully by mid April
 +</code>
 +
 +
 +  * Book offer from Brian Barber
 +<code>
 +ACTION: John to follow up with him.
 +</code>
 +
 +
 +  * Upgrading SQL Ledger to LedgerSMB?
 +<code>
 +ACTION: Margaret to review LedgerSMB, make sure it works and that it is a good replacement for SQL Ledger, data transfer from from SQL Ledger, user friendly... etc.
 +</code>
 +
 +
 +  * Looking for locations for doing tutorials
 +<code>
 +ACTION: John may be able to get space at University of Ottawa, will look into this.
 +</code>
 +
 +
 +  * Replacement for Programming Olympics
 +<code>
 +Look into doing some sort of student contest at the Science and Technology Museum.
 +ACTION: John to follow up with contact at museum.
 +</code>
 +
 +
 +  * Suggestion from a member regarding investing in a GIC.
 +<code>
 +RESULT: At current interest rates it is not worth the locking the money in.
 +</code>
 +
 +
 +  * Potential hardware upgrade for TUX (new machine)
 +<code>
 +Looking at a budget around $800 - $1000 for new machine
 +ACTION: John to speak to RGB regarding space/size requirements, will copy sysadmin group to get feedback.
 +</code>
 +
 +
 +
 +  * Margaret moved to adjourn @ 21:14
  
boardminutesmarch2010.txt ยท Last modified: 2015/06/09 15:23 (external edit)