User Tools

Site Tools


boardminutesmarch2008

Differences

This shows you the differences between two versions of the page.

Link to this comparison view

boardminutesmarch2008 [2015/06/09 15:23] (current)
Line 1: Line 1:
 +
 +[[http://​devel.oclug.on.ca/​wiki|wiki front page]]
 +
 +**Location**:​ Roland Renaud'​s house. time: 7:55pm
 +
 +<​code>​
 +Present: ​
 +   ​bjb ​    ​Brenda Butler
 +   ​maggi ​  ​Margaret Tidman
 +   ​rj_re1/​rj_ren Roland Renaud
 +   ​tyler ​  Tyler Tidman
 +   ​mcr ​    ​Michael Richardson
 +   ​nashjc ​ John Nash
 +
 +Regrets: ​   Ian Ward
 +</​code>​
 +
 +
 +====== Agenda ======
 +
 +  * approval of agenda
 +<​code>​
 +   added items relating to election
 +</​code>​
 +
 +
 +  * Approve Last Month'​s Board Meeting Minutes [[:​BoardMinutesFebruary2008]]
 +<​code>​
 +   ​approved,​ abstain from mcr, nashjc
 +</​code>​
 +
 +
 +  * Review OclugBoardForwardAgenda
 +<​code>​
 +   ​nothing at this time.
 +</​code>​
 +
 +
 +  * old business
 +    * January 2008: contact Algonquin College re Programming Olympics planning
 +<​code>​
 +  contact was made, and Ian Allen! replied.... ​
 +  He and another person were overseer, and to check with last year's planning people.
 +  We had good description of OCLUG prize. ​ One thing that didn't work well, was that we didn't get involved until very late.
 +So we didn't get involved with the students early enough. ​ There was zero support for students. ​ We need to put up a WIKI page
 +for things... invite to IRC channel.
 +  March 17 - start of registration.
 +  Contest is May 24.
 +  http://​www.programmingolympics.ca/​2008/​
 +
 +ACTION: Margaret to continue followup.
 +</​code>​
 +
 +
 +    * March 2008: planning for election discussion talk
 +<​code>​
 +Aleks Essex --- travel expenses for crew from Washington.
 + $80 for Visa to Canada. ​
 + $20 for ballot materials.
 +$100 for food.
 +$200 for gas.
 +
 +This is within what we said we might pay for airfare for one person.
 +Discussion about whether or not this was the meeting/​speaker that we wanted to have people come from afar for.
 +
 +Agreed to cover expenses.
 +
 +Possible refendum topic: Should governments be obligated to run open source?
 +
 +ACTION: MCR will write press release for talk.  send to: Carleton J-school, Algonquin J-school,
 +Citizen, SUN, Hill Times, Parties, MPs, CBC, GOSLING, OBJ. 
 +</​code>​
 +
 +
 +    * March 2008: planning for LitW 2008
 +      * #31
 +
 +
 +  * Still to do: Review/​followup Suggestions from ticket tracking
 +<​code>​
 +   ​ACTION:​ wardi to contact gmane about including -linux list #26
 +   ​ACTION:​ maggi to contact NCF about using logo on our site
 +</​code>​
 +
 +
 +  * address new items.
 +    * approval of new members
 +<​code>​
 +Brenda reads out list of new members to board. ​
 +Is list of members public? Decided that it is not, at this time.
 +It is accessible to any member who asks.  ​
 +Board asks about whether one member is a real person. ​ Brenda has met this person.
 +
 +Approved unanimously.
 +</​code>​
 +
 +
 +  * status of speakers
 +    * need speakers ..
 +<​code>​
 +   Aleks Essex is giving a talk in April on his voting system
 +   ​Russell McOrmand is ready to talk about copyright issues (May!)
 +   ​Neuros OSD in May: MichaelRichardson,​ Russell, DonKelly
 +   Jean Francois - Opera. (June?)
 +   Herb Hartwig - IPv6.   ​(June?​)
 +</​code>​
 +
 +
 +
 +  * Movement to adjourn.
 +2008-03-18, 21:25.
 +
 +
  
boardminutesmarch2008.txt ยท Last modified: 2015/06/09 15:23 (external edit)