Table of Contents
OCLUG Board Meeting
Date: January, 2017
- Ian Gorman [present]
- Scott Murphy [present]
- John Nash [absent]
- Bruce Davis [present]
- Kelly Kendrick [present]
Review of any outstanding minutes
- Approval of last meeting's minutes (approved)
Review of any outstanding business
- Corporate Filings: Status report (Bruce)
- They haven't gotten back to us so we are considering everything is O.K.
* Financials: What do we do about a treasurer?
- Should find out where the statements are going - Scott to find out.
* Nothing was done at the recent meetings regarding this * If no one else volunteers, Ian is willing to take the responsibility or treasurer. We should check to see on Feb
- Stickers similar to the previous version but with a frame - Scott will look into it but he suspects in the $50 to $100 range
- New to Linux (New Users)
- Not much in the way of new users or at least questions from any
* L3GO (Low Level Linux Group)
- Still in play but not highly active recently
This month's Agenda Items
- Start promoting the Board Elections
- Scott - willing to stay on
- Ian - - willing to stay on
- Bruce - willing to stay on
- John - ask if he willing to stay on?
- Kelly - willing to stay on
- How many board members will we need to solicit
- We need 5 board members total
- Looks like one or more
- How do we acquire board members under age 50?
- Schedule topics month in advance?
- We have yet another room at Algonquin. This time it is really easy to get to. I’ll have it added to the site before the end of the week.
Raspberry Pi Day
- Maybe next year?
OCLUG Distro Project Update
- Discussion on introductory session
- John not here to discuss
Planned future meetings
- Topic: Static Websites Update
- Speaker: Scott
- Topic: Discussion for future topic of cross-platform computing
- Speaker: Ian
Ideas for future meetings
- AngularJS & Vscode
- Platform independency for application users: Why doesn't my program work on my computer?
- MicroVAX will be a topic after Scott gets it all working.
- HW seems OK now that motherboard has been replaced
- Issue getting the console working properly
- PDP8 emulator & PiDP8 Hardware Panel
- Scott Murphy (when completed)
- Obsolete telephone reuse
- Scott Murphy (has a project in the works)
Old data recovery
* LPR500, power it up to see if old presentations from the wiki are still there. Or pull the disk and read the disk directly.
boardminutesjanuary2017.txt · Last modified: 2017/02/21 14:02 by bdavis