User Tools

Site Tools


boardminutesaugust2010

Differences

This shows you the differences between two versions of the page.

Link to this comparison view

boardminutesaugust2010 [2015/06/09 15:23] (current)
Line 1: Line 1:
 +====== OCLUG Board Meeting August 19 2010 ======
 +
 +2010-08-19.
 +
 +**Location**:​ Renaud (156 Lincoln Heights Rd)
 +
 +Present: John Nash, Mike Kenzie, Roland Renaud, Eric Brackenbury,​ Lisa Lovchik.
 +
 +Meeting called to order at 7:15 p.m.
 +
 +When it's an irc meeting, use: server //​oftc.net//,​ chatroom //#​oclug-board//​.
 +
 +====== Agenda ======
 +
 +  * Approval of agenda - completed
 +
 +  * Approve Last Month'​s Board Meeting Minutes [[:​BoardMinutesJuly2010]]
 +   (note that Mike K not present) - completed
 +
 +  * Venue for September meeting - JN and Mike will look into possibilities - Trend Arlington Community Centre as a fallback? ​ Who has a projector? ​ Projector rental? ​ Will make decision by Tuesday night. ​ Preference for meeting date is Thursday Sept 2.
 +
 +Note: Subsequently meeting has been arranged for 7170 Desmarais at the University of Ottawa.
 +
 +  * Access to Tux, including review of list of those authorized to access - we reviewed the list and made some decisions
 +     * Lisa will modify authorized access accordingly
 +       * Mike K. will provide her a Bash script to automate part of the process
 +       * Note: This task has subsequently been completed
 +     * This led to a discussion of the applications that we have or need on Tux
 +       * JN will write a statement of intent to communicate to the full membership, including a query about existing facilities
 +       * The Board empowers Mike K. to use whichever software which he finds appropriate to the bookkeeping needs of OCLUG
 +
 +  * Do we need those with access to acknowledge that they have access and will "do no harm"?
 +     * JN will write up an AUP
 +     * Discussion was that it would be a digital document, users would sign and upload to Tux
 +
 +  * Documentation of Tux setup and emergency contacts - discussed
 +     * Lisa submitted howto documentation on setting up new SSH logins, root access, and SSH keys; and editing the website from the Django backend
 +     * Lisa will assist with Tux setup and create documentation of what was done and whom to contact for a particular item in an emergency
 +
 +  * Website backend demo and discussion - covered
 +
 +  * It was suggested that since Computers for Communities shares many common goals with OCLUG, we should be working more closely on joint events and projects.
 +     * Eric volunteered and was confirmed as an official OCLUG liaison to C4C.
 +     * Dave Sampson from C4C, and his partnership coordinator Danny, were tentative guests to speak on this subject tonight, but were unable to attend. ​ Will attempt to schedule them for next OCLUG board meeting.
 +       * Note: This has subsequently been arranged for Sept 21.
 +
 +  * Review OclugBoardForwardAgenda - completed
 +
 +  * Update on action items from last Board meeting - deferred
 +
 +  * Upcoming meetings - discussed
 +
 +  * Other - N/A
 +
 +  * Serving different classes of users - discussed
 +
 +  * Update on Week101 ideas - discussed
 +
 +  * Decide, if possible, on dates for some future Board meetings - *high priority*
 +    * 3rd Tuesday of each month - fallback to 3rd Thursday - next Board meeting Sept 21
 +
 +Board adjourned at 10:35 p.m.
  
boardminutesaugust2010.txt ยท Last modified: 2015/06/09 15:23 (external edit)