OCLUG Board Meeting August 19 2010
Location: Renaud (156 Lincoln Heights Rd)
Present: John Nash, Mike Kenzie, Roland Renaud, Eric Brackenbury, Lisa Lovchik.
Meeting called to order at 7:15 p.m.
When it's an irc meeting, use: server oftc.net, chatroom #oclug-board.
- Approval of agenda - completed
- Approve Last Month's Board Meeting Minutes BoardMinutesJuly2010
(note that Mike K not present) - completed
- Venue for September meeting - JN and Mike will look into possibilities - Trend Arlington Community Centre as a fallback? Who has a projector? Projector rental? Will make decision by Tuesday night. Preference for meeting date is Thursday Sept 2.
Note: Subsequently meeting has been arranged for 7170 Desmarais at the University of Ottawa.
- Access to Tux, including review of list of those authorized to access - we reviewed the list and made some decisions
- Lisa will modify authorized access accordingly
- Mike K. will provide her a Bash script to automate part of the process
- Note: This task has subsequently been completed
- This led to a discussion of the applications that we have or need on Tux
- JN will write a statement of intent to communicate to the full membership, including a query about existing facilities
- The Board empowers Mike K. to use whichever software which he finds appropriate to the bookkeeping needs of OCLUG
- Do we need those with access to acknowledge that they have access and will “do no harm”?
- JN will write up an AUP
- Discussion was that it would be a digital document, users would sign and upload to Tux
- Documentation of Tux setup and emergency contacts - discussed
- Lisa submitted howto documentation on setting up new SSH logins, root access, and SSH keys; and editing the website from the Django backend
- Lisa will assist with Tux setup and create documentation of what was done and whom to contact for a particular item in an emergency
- Website backend demo and discussion - covered
- It was suggested that since Computers for Communities shares many common goals with OCLUG, we should be working more closely on joint events and projects.
- Eric volunteered and was confirmed as an official OCLUG liaison to C4C.
- Dave Sampson from C4C, and his partnership coordinator Danny, were tentative guests to speak on this subject tonight, but were unable to attend. Will attempt to schedule them for next OCLUG board meeting.
- Note: This has subsequently been arranged for Sept 21.
- Review OclugBoardForwardAgenda - completed
- Update on action items from last Board meeting - deferred
- Upcoming meetings - discussed
- Other - N/A
- Serving different classes of users - discussed
- Update on Week101 ideas - discussed
- Decide, if possible, on dates for some future Board meetings - *high priority*
- 3rd Tuesday of each month - fallback to 3rd Thursday - next Board meeting Sept 21
Board adjourned at 10:35 p.m.
boardminutesaugust2010.txt · Last modified: 2015/06/09 15:23 by 127.0.0.1