User Tools

Site Tools


boardminutesaugust2008

Differences

This shows you the differences between two versions of the page.

Link to this comparison view

boardminutesaugust2008 [2015/06/09 15:23] (current)
Line 1: Line 1:
 +[[http://​devel.oclug.on.ca/​wiki|wiki front page]]
 +
 +====== Board Minutes August 2008 ======
 +
 +**Location**:​ Margaret and Tyler'​s house.
 +
 +<​code>​
 +Present: ​
 +   ​maggi ​  ​Margaret Tidman
 +   ​rj_ren ​ Roland Renaud
 +   ​ttidman Tyler Tidman
 +   ​mcr ​    ​Michael Richardson
 +   ​nashjc ​ John Nash
 +   ​wardi ​  Ian Ward
 +</​code>​
 +
 +
 +====== Agenda ======
 +
 +  * approval of agenda
 +<​code>​
 +passed unanimously
 +</​code>​
 +
 +
 +  * Approve Last Month'​s Board Meeting Minutes [[:​BoardMinutesJune2008]]
 +<​code>​
 +passed unanimously
 +</​code>​
 +
 +
 +  * Review OclugBoardForwardAgenda
 +<​code>​
 +items added for 2009.
 +</​code>​
 +
 +
 +  * Still to do: Review/​followup Suggestions from ticket tracking
 +<​code>​
 +Outreach to universities:​ John Nash has been trying to contact CS departments.
 +Could we co-sponsor an event with Carleton CS/Ottawa U CS.
 +"Back to school with Linux"​. ​
 +</​code>​
 +
 +
 +  * Ubuntu CDs received ​
 +<​code>​
 +Ubuntu CDs are not yet on library shelves. Likely waiting for vacations to return.
 +Tyler will prod to make sure that they are available.
 +</​code>​
 +
 +
 +  * status of speakers
 +    * meeting room arrangements
 +<​code>​
 +    Karen Ballard <​ballark@algonquincollege.com>​
 +    Support Services Officer ​ (web site says she's "​budget officer"​)
 +    Computer Studies Department
 +    Algonquin College
 +    T307b - Woodroffe Campus
 +    (613)727-4723 ext. 5948
 +    http://​algonquincollege.com/​sat/​cs/​contact.htm
 +</​code>​
 +
 +    * need speakers for September
 +<​code>​
 +   Two speakers for September.
 +   The room is T117. The dates are: September 2. October 7. November 4. December 2.
 +
 +   Need speakers for Oct/​Nov/​Dec. ​  
 +</​code>​
 +
 +  Let's present a list on Tuesday of ListOfApplications.
 +
 +    * get new cards new cards, #13
 +<​code>​
 +June 2008: get pamphlets printed up
 +
 +We got some quotes for brochures, Ian's were the best, but we need to find the list again.
 +ACTION: Ian will look this up again. ​
 +</​code>​
 +
 +
 +    * June 2008: determine how many business card are left, order more.
 +<​code>​
 +ACTION: order more business cards.
 +</​code>​
 +
 +
 +    * June 2008: look at tux backups
 +<​code>​
 +We need to organize another work-party.
 +TUX is at Richard'​s house.
 +Spare-TUX still needs ram.
 +ACTION: MCR will organize a work-party.
 +</​code>​
 +
 +
 +  * New Business
 +
 +    * onlinux.
 +<​code>​
 +  Anyone planning to go to Onlinux.ca? ​ End of October.
 +  JCNASH: maybe.
 +  MCR: maybe.
 +  Tyler/​Maggi:​ maybe.
 +</​code>​
 +
 +    * moderation of oclug-announce list (spam issue)
 +<​code>​
 +  oclug-announce was letting spam through.
 +  who are the moderators? ​ Ian can moderate, and Brenda can.
 +  DaveEdwards (dle) needs someone else to moderate the linux-novice list.
 +</​code>​
 +
 +
 +    * programming olympics page. AlgonquinProgrammingOlympics ​
 +<​code>​
 +  The programming olympics page is still 2007.  We need to post the 2008 results.
 +ACTION: Need to ask Bill Case to update the page, or move it to the wiki.
 +  Need to get pictures.
 +</​code>​
 +
 +
 +    * bank choices
 +<​code>​
 +  Discussion about changing away from Alterna Bank.
 +  Is it worth changing banks? we'd have to make a trip to branch as a group.
 +ACTION: MCR will ask PCFinancial. ​
 +</​code>​
 +
 +
 +    * power bars for TheCodeFactory power bars: #39
 +<​code>​
 +We will look at purchasing about $200 of these, and ask the members if they want to order some as well.
 +</​code>​
 +
 +    * A THANK YOU TO MARGARET and TYLER for organizing LitW.
 +
 +
 +<​code>​
 +Adjourned at 21:02.
 +</​code>​
 +
  
boardminutesaugust2008.txt ยท Last modified: 2015/06/09 15:23 (external edit)