User Tools

Site Tools


boardminutesapril2015

Differences

This shows you the differences between two versions of the page.

Link to this comparison view

boardminutesapril2015 [2015/06/09 15:23] (current)
Line 1: Line 1:
 +OCLUG board meeting
 +2015-04-29, 19:45
 +@RGB
 +
 +===== Attendees =====
 +  * Guy Briggs
 +  * Aaron
 +  * John Nash
 +  * Scott Murphy
 +  * Kelly Kendrick
 +
 +===== Agenda =====
 +
 +  * Review of any outstanding minutes
 +  * Review of any outstanding business
 +  * Ideas for future meeting (see above)
 +  * Committee reports
 +  * Discussion of the current meeting location
 +  * New business
 +  * Tux hosting
 +
 +===== Review of any outstanding minutes =====
 +  * nothing reviewed at this time?
 +
 +===== Review of any outstanding business =====
 +  * not aware of any, but review of minutes necessary to determine
 +
 +===== Ideas for future meeting (see above) =====
 +  * June - John Nash - publishing software
 +  * July - Linux in the Wild
 +
 +===== Committee reports =====
 +  * Finance ​
 +    * Current balance is 5,119,74.
 +    * OCLUG and L3GO meetup fees no longer being incurred.
 +    * Domains, meeting location, ​ and Tux hosting power expenses (monthly).
 +    * Should consider having a "pass the hat" at some point, but balance is healthy right now.
 +    * Scott suggested checking out RBC e-account (no fee)
 +  * UGConnect - still dormant, but Shopify and others still being considered as a venue option.
 +  * L3GO - still meeting regularly, location back at East India Company. ​ Good turnout.
 +    * March or April  meeting was at Red Pepper Thai. 
 +    * Back to using mailing list because Meetup is gone. 
 +    * L3G0.ca domain is registered and parked.
 +    * Scott and Ian to set up L3GO web page?
 +  * Newbies - active, but none showed up before the AGM.
 +  * Discussion of PI Boot Camp (May 23), some interest in attending.
 +
 +===== Discussion of the current meeting location =====
 +  * Meeting our current requirements,​ review in September with regard for renewal in the new year.
 +  * Kelly to check out 415 Greenview (Carling/​Pinecrest) as a possible future board meeting location.
 +
 +===== New business =====
 +
 +===== Tux hosting =====
 +  * Uncertain if RGB is going to India or not, still exploring what needs to be done for Tux.  ​
 +  * Some discussion of virtualization options.
 +
 +===== LITW  =====
 +   * July 12 @ Strathcona Park. 1:00-3:00 PM.  Scott bringing drinks and ice.
 +   * Parking may be tricky due to pedestrian bridge construction.
 +
 +===== Venues =====
 +   * Review of meeting venues in September, Rosemount booked to end of year.
 +
 +===== Misc  =====
 +   * Kelly to work with RGB on updating non-profit info.
 +   * Scott to resuscitate TRAC and migrate to DocuWiki.
 +   * Contact info recorded for new board members.
 +
 +===== Adjourn =====
 +  * 21:19
 +
  
boardminutesapril2015.txt ยท Last modified: 2015/06/09 15:23 (external edit)