User Tools

Site Tools


boardminutesapril2012

Differences

This shows you the differences between two versions of the page.

Link to this comparison view

boardminutesapril2012 [2015/06/09 15:23] (current)
Line 1: Line 1:
 +====== OCLUG Board Agenda ======
 +
 +  === //Feel free to add an item of discussion to the OCLUG Board Agenda.// ===
 +
 +**Meeting Date:​** ​ 2012-04-26 at 19:30
 +
 +**Location**: ​ Simply Biscotti
 +
 +**Attendees**:​
 +  * Rob Echlin
 +  * Scott Murphy
 +  * Aaron Wilcox
 +  * Richard Guy Briggs
 +  * Ian Gorman
 +  * John Nash
 +  * Ian Ward
 +  * Mike Kenzie
 +  * Rob Day
 +
 +===== Agenda =====
 +
 +   * Approval of agenda - passed
 +   * Approve Last Month'​s Board Meeting Minutes [[:​BoardMinutesMarch2012]] - deferred to next month
 +   * Discussion of board member roles
 +   * Election/​appointment of positions:
 +     * President - Rob E
 +     * Secretary - Richard
 +     * Treasurer - Mike
 +     * VP        - Scott
 +     * Speaker Coordinator - Aaron - will help Rob E
 +     * Committee reps
 +       * Students and training Linux Basics - John N and Ian G
 +       * Location search - Rob E
 +       * Festival of Open Source Groups / Showcase - Rob E
 +       * Sysadmin group - Ian Ward
 +   * Panic book update(s)
 +     * Collect and redistribute panic books 
 +     * Source for printed pages?? - Scott
 +     * Membership list updates - who has master list
 +     * Add board phone numbers ​
 +   * Corporate address status
 +     * Mail from Ontario Govt still going to Michael Richardson
 +   * Bank account signing authority
 +     * Board by resolution wishes to:
 +       * add to our bank signing authority: Scott Murphy, Richard Guy Briggs
 +       * Remove from our bank signing authority: John Sebastien Taylor, Robert Day, John Nash
 +       * Passed
 +   * Tux
 +     * hard drive problem and other issues
 +       * Scott and Richard will discuss new hardware
 +       * Audit of the existing software in use
 +       * There will be a discussion on the Board mail list about migrating S/W to some new box
 +     * payment for Tux services to Richard - $200 per year
 +       * pay for 2010, 2011, 2012
 +       * next check for 2013 due in Feb 2013
 +       * Passed
 +   * Forms - need full name and citizenship info for new directors
 +     * Mike will email us stuff
 +   * Social media - is John Sebastien still going to do this? (Yes, we think)
 +   * Review OclugBoardForwardAgenda - examined, discussed - need to change some of the dates
 +   * Update on action items from last Board meeting
 +   * Upcoming meetings
 +   * Business arising from the Board meeting
 +     * New committees and events - discussed - Ian to help John N with training group of volunteers
 +
 +
 +
  
boardminutesapril2012.txt ยท Last modified: 2015/06/09 15:23 (external edit)