User Tools

Site Tools


boardminutesapril2010

Differences

This shows you the differences between two versions of the page.

Link to this comparison view

boardminutesapril2010 [2015/06/09 15:23] (current)
Line 1: Line 1:
 +OCLUG Board Agenda ¶
 +
 +Feel free to add an item of discussion to the OCLUG Board Agenda.
 +
 +Next Meeting: 2010-04-20.
 +
 +Location: Nash (373 Laurier E, #903)
 +
 +When it's an irc meeting, use: server oftc.net (irc.oclug.on.ca points there), chatroom #oclug-board.
 +Agenda ¶
 +
 +Present: All but Eric. 
 +Location: Nash residence
 +
 +
 +     * Approval of agenda 
 +Yes
 +
 +     * Approve Last Month's Board Meeting Minutes BoardMinutesMarch2010 (note that some members not present) 
 +
 +Approved.
 +
 +     * Board named positions (mainly for purposes of change form) 
 +
 +Mike Kenzie -- Treasurer
 +John Nash -- President
 +Eric Brackenbury -- Secretary
 +Lisa Lovchik -- VP
 +
 +     * Change of address for corporation 
 +
 +MCR has offered. 
 +     470 Dawson Avenue, Ottawa, ON K1S 2L4
 +
 +     * Resolution for Bank 
 +
 +The Board approved a change of the signing officers for the OCLUG bank account # 4527987, to Mike Kenzie, Treasurer,  John C. Nash, President, Lisa Lovchik, Vice-President,  Roland Renaud, Director, and John Sebastien Taylor, Director,  and that these be the only signing officers at this time.
 +
 +Approved.
 +
 +     * Agree process for change of signing officers 
 +
 +Roland will send name to John. John will determine what is needed for change of signatories
 +and for change of branch. Preferred Merivale.
 +
 +     * Donations April 2010 meeting to Treasurer 
 +ACTION: cheque from JN (also annual donation)
 +
 +     * Verify AGM Minutes (approval will be at next year's meeting) 
 +OK but add Margaret's report.          ACTION: JN
 +
 +     * Update on action items from last Board meeting
 +SysAdmin access: ACTION: update list and add new board members. Find and safeguard root pw.
 +
 +     * Looking for locations for doing tutorials 
 +ACTION: John may be able to get space at University of Ottawa, will look into this.
 +        Mike to check Exit Certified situation.
 +
 +      * Replacement for Programming Olympics
 + Look into doing some sort of student contest at the Science and Technology Museum.
 + ACTION: John to follow up with contact at museum.
 + Link to Randal Memorial
 +
 +       * Potential hardware upgrade for TUX (new machine)
 + Looking at a budget around $800 - $1000 for new machine
 + JN spoke to RGB: U2 rack size.
 + ACTION: Talk it up at meetings and possibly on lists.
 +
 +
 +     * Review OclugBoardForwardAgenda 
 + TBD    * April 2010: what to do in place of programming olympics??
 + decision    * April 2010: change corporate address
 + decision    * April 2010: Book room for next 3-4 months
 + TBD    * April 2010: Make sure to book Vincent Massey site for July
 +    decision * May 2010: Set up signing authorities
 +    TBD * June 2010: Linux in the Wild planning (July17, to coincide with OLS)
 +
 +
 +     * Emails for Board: John ST will look into lists and what they are doing and email aliases.
 +
 +
 +     * Upcoming meetings 
 + * May: Net Neutrality (MCR)
 + Ubuntu 10.4 - what's new? (who?)
 + Partitioning!
 +          June: GPS (Eric + )
 + Boot sequence for linux 
 +          Ideas on filesystems
 +
 +          July: LiTW July 17. Suggestion is Strathcona Pk (or alternate) and picnic rather than BBQ
 + ACTION: JN to tell Margaret to drop reservation
 + Announce at next meeting
 + Post request / announcement on list(s) for volunteers
 + Plan for food / other stuff?
 +
 +
 +     * Sysadmin for tux (who is doing this?
 + ACTION: JST to ask Ian.
 +                        Add Mike to info@oclug.on.ca
 +
 +     * Serving different classes of users 
 + Boot camp
 + Coffee "Linux Hour" (Tux Tuesday)
 +
 +     * Memorial for Randal Leavitt 
 + Mike to prepare 1 pager with idea.
 +
 +
 +     * OCLUG History
 + http://oclug.on.ca/phpwiki
 +
 +Motion to adjourn: 10:55
 +
  
boardminutesapril2010.txt · Last modified: 2015/06/09 15:23 (external edit)