Table of Contents
OCLUG Board Meeting Sep 29, 2021
- Bruce Davis (x)
- Brett Delmage (x)
- Ian Gorman ()
- Marc Moleman (x)
- Scott Murphy (x)
- John Nash (x)
- Tug Wiliams ()
- None as of yet
The URL will be: https://six.linux-ottawa.org/Sep2021BoardMeet
Review of any outstanding minutes
- Approval of previous minutes.
- https://wiki.linux-ottawa.org/doku.php?id=boardminutesseptember-2021 (If the link does not resolve, the minutes are not posted).
Regular Agenda Items
New to Linux (New Users)
- John suggested topics include accessibility and image software (April 1st project???)
Linux-Ottawa Distro Project
- Marc has been getting a couple of systems together for for the purposes of doing some installs and documentation (work in progress)
- Scott has logged in again, no change from the previous balance, no added notation. Scott still hasn’t paid himself (it takes two people to sign it).
- John may take over the cheque book from Ian (or Bruce)
- This project has created a second project, upgrade to Debian 11, which will also remove the ability to utilize mailman2 as an initial jump to mailman3
- Hosting provide has not provide Debian 11.
- If people have looked at it, I’m willing to utilize it. If we need more time, that works too
- Scott reset Brett’s accounts
- John with having issues (Thunderbird client password)
The list of repeating sessions
- This is still a thing to review. Has anyone looked at it yet?
- We should review our repeating sessions list and see if we want to continue them all.
Upcoming Regular Meetings
We discussed a few things, but I have not reviewed the list yet. Bring ideas!
- Scott to talk about a topic (November)
- December will be scripting month
- Speaker: Scott Murphy
- Topic: Open agenda
Saturday Event - Leavitt Memorial
- This is just here so we do not forget it.
- Date: Unknown - post Covid-19
- Location: Undecided - library?
- Summary: How to do an install on your “recent” computer
- Laptop give-away (assuming we have a few)
- Scott has a few, but they need to be recovered from storage and tested
- Motions from the floor
- John proposed adjournment 19:44
- Seconded by Bruce
boardminutes-september-2021.txt · Last modified: 2021/10/25 10:58 by 127.0.0.1