User Tools

Site Tools


boardminutes-january-2022

Differences

This shows you the differences between two versions of the page.

Link to this comparison view

boardminutes-january-2022 [2022/02/03 21:19] (current)
scott5 created
Line 1: Line 1:
 +====== Minutes from OCLUG Board Meeting Jan 24, 2022 ======
 +
 +===== Attendees: =====
 +
 +Board:
 +
 +  * Bruce Davis ()
 +  * Brett Delmage ()
 +  * Ian Gorman (X)
 +  * Marc Moleman ()
 +  * Scott Murphy (X)
 +  * John Nash (X)
 +  * Tug Wiliams (X)
 +
 +==== Start time: ====
 +
 +Called to order at 19:00 via jitsi (https:%%//%%six.linux-ottawa.org/Jan2022BoardMeet)
 +
 +===== Review of any outstanding minutes =====
 +
 +Both sets of minutes were approved:
 +
 +Moved and seconded by John and Tug
 +
 +===== Regular Agenda Items =====
 +
 +=== Linux-Ottawa Distro Project ===
 +
 +  * Distro project - We discussed a few options.
 +    * antix
 +    * alpine
 +    * bunsen on older systems?
 +
 +==== Treasurer’s Report ====
 +
 +  * Scott has submitted his expenses and the cheque is visible
 +  * John can take the rest of this item.
 +
 +==== Mailing List ====
 +
 +  * No update
 +
 +==== Linux-Ottawa Hosting ====
 +
 +  * Hosting/new server
 +    * Scott will get the wiki mirrored over
 +    * Webserver needs to be identified based on what Brett will be using for the mailing list.
 +      * NGINX (current)
 +      * Apache
 +  * Mail server & mailing list
 +    * The new hosting account is available and those who wished access have it.
 +    * We will cutover whenever it is ready. We have a deadline of April 1, so that is the latest we can do this.
 +
 +==== The list of repeating sessions ====
 +
 +  * No action here
 +
 +==== Upcoming Regular Meetings ====
 +
 +  * Speaker: Ian Gorman
 +    * Topic: New2Linux: Accessible Linux
 +  * Speaker: John Nash
 +    * Topic: Efficient writing by choosing and personalizing open-source tools
 +
 +=== March ===
 +
 +  * Speaker: Unknown
 +    * Topic: New2Linux: TBD
 +  * Speaker: Scott Murphy
 +    * Topic: Converting a chrome book to run a full distribution
 +
 +=== April ===
 +
 +  * AGM
 +    * President’s Report
 +    * Treasurer’s Report
 +    * Election
 +  * Speaker: Unknown
 +    * Topic: New2Linux: TBD
 +  * Speaker: Unknown
 +    * Topic: TBD
 +
 +=== Future Saturday Event - Leavitt Memorial ===
 +
 +  * This is just here so we do not forget it.
 +    * Date: Unknown - post Covid-19
 +    * Location: Undecided - library?
 +    * Summary: How to do an install on your “recent” computer
 +    * Laptop give-away (assuming we have a few)
 +      * Scott has a few, which have been recovered from storage.
 +        * Testing has not yet happened.
 +
 +===== New Business =====
 +
 +  * Ian mentioned lite websites as an accessible thing
 +
 +===== Adjournment: =====
 +
 +9:00 - Tug & John
  
boardminutes-january-2022.txt · Last modified: 2022/02/03 21:19 by scott5