User Tools

Site Tools


boardminutesseptember2012

Differences

This shows you the differences between two versions of the page.

Link to this comparison view

boardminutesseptember2012 [2015/06/09 15:23] (current)
Line 1: Line 1:
 +====== OCLUG Meeting ======
 +
 +Present: Rob, Richard, Ian G, Scott, Aaron
 +
 +At Richard'​s house: 7pm Sept 26
 +
 +===== Agenda =====
 +
 +  * Minutes from previous meetings
 +  * Getty Images
 +  * committee reports
 +    * User Group Connect
 +    * Linux Helpers
 +  * Meetup Account for OCLUG
 +  * Tux migration
 +     * User Group Connect web site setup
 +  * Donations still to be deposited
 +
 +
 +==== Minutes from previous meetings ====
 +postponed
 +
 +==== Getty Images ====
 +
 +  * Richard emailed Rick Leir.
 +  * Rick has removed the review.
 +
 +Action: Aaron and Richard to create a letter, review with board, talk to publisher, then send to Getty Images.
 +
 +==== Committee Reports ====
 +
 +== Linux Helpers ==
 +
 +Ian did a lightning talk, and has a referral to another possible new Linux person.
 +
 +Action: Ian and Aaron to call a committee meeting.
 +
 +== User Group Connect ==
 +
 +  * Web site working
 +  * Nice logo from Scott
 +  * Notes on user groups started in wiki 
 +  * Contacted Adrian/​Shopify re: venu - no response yet
 +  * Starting to contact groups
 +  * Event Date moving to Feb 9 or 23 (preferred)
 +
 +== linux-ottawa.org ==
 +
 +Aaron to renew that domain.
 +
 +==== Meetup Account for OCLUG ====
 +
 +Ian: Board members to look at whether Meetup is useful to us.
 +Then we can decide if it might be useful for our group.
 +
 +Maybe we should inventory our social networks.
 +  * Mike Kenzie: Facebook group owner
 +  * Bart Trojanowsky:​ Linked IN group
 +  * ??: Twitter
 +  * ??: identi.ca
 +  * ??: Google ​ calendar (so could be on Google +)
 +
 +We could set up Tux to Tweet any changes on our site.
 +
 +==== Tux migration ====
 +
 +Scott: was on vacation so he isn't sure what Ian W. and Brenda have done. Migration has started.
 +
 +Migration might be done as early as October??
 +
 +== User Group Connect web site setup ==
 +
 +Brenda has set up the web site for the group on the new machine. Currently not on its own DNS address.
 +
 +==== Financial Report ====
 +
 +Donations still to be deposited:
 +
 +  * Aug meeting: $67
 +  * Sept meeting: $41
 +
 +Still to migrate signing authority.
 +
 +Rob will get a deposit card for the account.
 +
 +Treasurer not present.
 +
 +==== Minutes from previous meetings ====
 +April 2012, May 2012, July 2012, August 2012 meeting minutes all corrected and approved.
 +
 +==== Meeting adjourned 21:30 ====
 +
 +
 +
 +
  
boardminutesseptember2012.txt ยท Last modified: 2015/06/09 15:23 (external edit)