User Tools

Site Tools


boardminutesseptember2007

Differences

This shows you the differences between two versions of the page.

Link to this comparison view

boardminutesseptember2007 [2015/06/09 15:23] (current)
Line 1: Line 1:
 +[[:​[PageOutline]]]
 +
 +====== Board Minutes September 2007 ======
 +
 +**Feel free to add an item of discussion to the OCLUG Board Agenda.**
 +
 + This meeting: Sept 25, 2007
 + ​Location:​ Roland'​s house
 +
 + ​Present:​ JohnNash, RolandRenaud,​ IanWard, MargaretTidman,​ MichaelRichardson,​ BrendaButler
 +
 +===== Approve Last Month'​s Board Meeting Minutes =====
 +  * 2007 August ​ BoardMinutesAugust2007\\
 +   Moved by: JohnNash\\
 +   ​Seconded by: RolandRenaud\\
 +   ​Unanimous to approve version 8 of minutes, abstain IanWard.  ​
 +
 +===== Review ForwardAgenda =====
 +   No items to add.
 +
 +===== Review Open Action Items. =====
 +  * ACTION: Roland to make appointment to visit bank (secondary signers)\\
 +   DONE!
 +
 +  * ACTION: maggi to ask bart re tracking of the donations at tutorials.\\
 +   DONE!
 +
 +  * ACTION: ask wardi about Trac for issue tracking and site development. http://​devel.oclug.on.ca \\
 +   ​Anyone can create an account on the trac. Use the REGISTER button.
 +
 +  * ACTION: bjb to ask Charles if Oct 14, 2007 is ok for sysadmin work party, and get on with organizing \\
 +   ​October 14 is okay for work-party. MichaelRichardson and JohnNash may be in Toronto at onlinux.ca.
 +
 +  * ACTION: bjb to put banner/link to "free stickers"​ on oclug site (http://​raro.oreto.inf-cr.uclm.es/​apps/​stickers/​) \\
 +   ​DONE! ​
 +
 +  * NEW ITEM: add link to programming contest page to left-hand side bar \\
 +   ​ticket:​4
 +
 +  * ACTION: nashjc to contact CLO re: speaker(s) for November/​December 2007 \\
 +   ​JohnNash to remind CLO about this item.
 +
 +
 +===== Address New Items =====
 +
 +  * NEW ITEM:  bjb to relay lwn's offer to oclug \\
 +   At OLS, bjb talked to John Corbet, lwn to offer 3 month trial subscription to lwn.
 +   We need to announce this to the members. \\
 +   ​ACTION:​ send announcement,​ and document on web site. \\
 +   ​ticket:​5
 +
 +  * NEW ITEM:  wikipedia topic Linux_User_Group points to Linux Online (external links) which has outdated info about us:
 +   ​http://​www.linux.org/​groups/​canada/​ontario.html \\
 +   ​ACTION:​ JohnNash \\
 +   ​ticket:​6
 +
 +  * NEW ITEM:  phpwiki updating \\
 +   Some done today. \\
 +   ​http://​oclug.on.ca/​phpwiki?​pagename=RecentChanges&​days= gives all the pages.
 +
 +  * NEW ITEM: mcr asks if we should retire phpwiki in favour of using trac's wiki. \\
 +   MCR asks if we can convert automatically.... no. \\
 +   Ian points out that phpwiki has vulnerabilities. \\
 +   ​ACTION:​ mcr will look at converting phpwiki pages to static HTML. \\
 +   ​DISCUSSION ensused.\\
 +   We agreed to make phpwiki read-only for now,
 +   and point people at trac for new content. \\
 +   We need to have a 10-line summary of the process, and an announcement
 +   that we are doing this.
 +
 +  * NEW ITEM: donation tracking in meeting model on site \\
 +   As part of the announcement (on the django web page), we can include an amount \\
 +   of donations for each meeting. ​ We will not be displaying this publically.
 +
 +  * NEW ITEM: Open Source Weekend decided to wind-up, and donate the resulting
 +   money to OCLUG.
 +
 +  * NEW ITEM: meeting locations, hold downtown again sometimes? \\
 +   A number of people have expressed displeasure with the Algonquin College location,
 +   and would prefer it was downtown again, maybe sometimes. \\
 +   Some discussion. ​ Noted that a number of people are attending at Algonquin
 +   who did not attend downtown. ​ Start a wiki page... \\
 +   ​OclugMeetingLocationOptions \\
 +   ​Proponents are asked to please come up with location suggestions.
 +
 +===== Status of Speakers =====
 +  * October ​ - MichaelRichardson
 +  * November - DavidSkoll on Remind, (Pat on eee)
 +  * December - open/CLO?
 +  * January ​ - Transcendental Virtualization (migration of windows to PC at Zen buddhist monastery)
 +  * Ideas  - Herb @ Storm on rural wireless/​Linux at an ISP
 +
 +  * ACTION: We need to announce January meeting will be the second Tuesday.
 +
 +===== More Items =====
 +  * announce availability of funds for projects that promote OSS/Linux in Ottawa
 +
 +  * ACTION: put announcement/​web page up, inviting proposal for projects to promote linux in
 +   ​Ottawa area. OCLUG will subsidize up to $500 for expenses.
 +   (This to include proposals to bring in a speaker from elsewhere) \\
 +   ​MichaelRichardson and JohnNash. \\
 +   ​ticket:​10
 +
 +  * Discussion about different ways to spend money to promote linux.
 +
 +  * Software Freedom Day \\
 +   What happened? Who was there, why what how.
 +   Can we get a report from Dru about this? \\
 +   ​(Added to forward agenda for 2008) \\
 +   ​ACTION:​ We will invite Dru to join us for a meeting (maybe with CLO as well?) in the winter to discuss this.
 +
 +  * Brenda: do we wish to add GTEC to forward agenda? Answer is no. \\
 +   ​Brenda:​ what about onlinux.ca? JohnNash is talking about it. MichaelRichardson. \\
 +   ​ACTION:​ we will put a linux on our site. ticket:12 \\
 +   ​Brenda:​ what about second event... YorkUniversityOpenSourceSymposium.
 +
 +  * Discussion about other Toronto events. \\
 +   ​Rather focus efforts locally. ​ For instance, Mooney'​s Bay Computers. \\
 +   Find a way to encourage more retailers to offer a Linux offering. \\
 +   ​ticket:​13 - maybe help some stores put together stock/​everything-works desktop/​laptop offerings.
 +
 +  * More brainstorming about how to promote linux.
 +
 +
 +
  
boardminutesseptember2007.txt ยท Last modified: 2015/06/09 15:23 (external edit)