User Tools

Site Tools


boardminutesnovember2010

Differences

This shows you the differences between two versions of the page.

Link to this comparison view

boardminutesnovember2010 [2015/06/09 15:23] (current)
Line 1: Line 1:
 +  = OCLUG Board Minutes Nov 16, 2010 =
 +
 + ​**Meeting Date:​** ​ 2010-11-16 at 19:00
 +
 +**Location**: ​ Eric's (in Carp)
 +
 +Present: all board members.
 +
 +===== Agenda =====
 +
 +  * Approval of agenda
 +     ​Moved:​ LL, seconded EB. Approved.
 +
 +  * Approve Last Month'​s Board Meeting Minutes [[:​BoardMinutesOctober2010]]
 +     ​Moved:​ RR, Seconded MK. Approved.
 +
 +  * Financial Report
 +     Nov. meeting: $45.75
 +     JN expense 20.99 for linux-ottawa.org domain.
 +
 +  * Panic book update(s)
 +     #1 = LL, #2 = JST, #3 = EB, #4 = JN, #5 = MK, #6 = RR
 +     ​Thanks to LL for initial content.
 +
 +  * Corporate address status
 +     MCR says he has been getting mail. JN/LL to check with MCR at IPv6 meeting.
 +
 +
 +  * Review OclugBoardForwardAgenda
 +     - possible collaboration with C4C to generate suitable Randal Leavitt memorial
 +     - speakers ​
 +           MCR (virtual desktops)
 +           ​Matthew Bastian (?? topic) EB to ask
 +           Ivo Mokros (?? topic) ​     EB to ask
 +           ​February:​ Lisa wiki stuff
 +           Panel on Grub2 (who?)
 +     - rooms
 +           RR will ask R Hagemeyer
 +
 +     - Investigation of rooms for special events (e.g., Trend Arlington -- MK found no wireless, limited power)
 +       ​Bronson Center -- wireless(?​),​ power(?)
 +       OPL - wifi at branches if Library Card. Emerald Plaza $25 for 4 hours.
 +       --- potential idea GIMP tutorial ​
 +         "​Randal Leavitt Memorial Tutorials"​ An occasional series of workshops on F/L software.
 +         Ask family if they are OK with it.
 +         $5 or so registration (Paypal?) and give out "​materials"​. ​
 +         Ask for volunteers at main meeting.
 +     - review other items.
 +
 +  * Update on action items from last Board meeting (excepting Tux)
 +     LL - google calendar done
 +        - Need to decide who will keep it up.
 +     MK - small change still to deposit
 +     JN - ask R Echlin if he'll do a "Tux Taste"
 +     
 +  * Upcoming meetings
 +     ​Covered elsewhere
 +
 +  * Membership and outreach
 +     LL - swag for meetings e.g., Nostarch Press, O'​Reilly,​ Make Magazine
 +          Swag Subcommittee / Linux book exchange
 +          Announce at meeting
 +
 +  * OCLUG support of Ottawa IPv6 Summit
 +       
 +   The Ottawa IPv6 Summit organizing committee requests that OCLUG support
 +   the initiative by providing working cash up to $500 to be repaid on the
 +   ​assumption that receipts are sufficient. Monies will be handled by Bart
 +   ​Trojanowski and proper records and receipts will be kept.
 +   
 +   The estimated revenue is 120 attendees at approx. $65 each. ($7800)
 +   
 +   The fixed costs are: 
 +      rooms less than $500.
 +      marketing/​promotion costs: less $1000
 +      web site and bank charges: $300
 +      speaker costs: $2000 to $3000.
 +   The variable costs are:
 +      lunch: <​$30/​person.
 +   Total costs: $8400, assuming worst case costs above.
 +   
 +   We would not budget a deficit, and we are seeking sponsors. ​
 +   Most (90%) of speakers will be contributing their time and travel
 +   ​costs. ​  
 +
 +   ​Moved:​ RR, Seconded MK. nem con.
 +
 +  * Other
 +
 +  * Tux setup planning. Agenda below. Implementation plan discussed. See [[:​MigrationPlan]]
 +
 +
 +----
 +
 +===== Tux Setup Planning =====
 +
 +==== Management? ====
 +
 +  * Panic book -- update
 +      * binders
 +      * access passwords (which?)
 +      * financial info
 +      * corporation no. and address(es)
 +      * directors contact info.
 +      * moderators contact info. and scope
 +      * update mechanism -- put on agenda for each month
 +
 +==== Tux ====
 +
 +  * Platform choice
 +  * Base software
 +     * OS
 +     * Apache2
 +     * ssh
 +     * php5 (??)
 +    ​
 +  * Content ​
 +     * Web material
 +     * AUP for users (could be via mailing list)
 +     * Wiki
 +     * other
 +         - google calendar: Need to decide who will keep it up.
 +
 +
 +  * Mailing lists: ​
 +     * On host: Mailman, postfix, postgreSQL, SpamAssassin or link to spam filter, other??
 +     * Outsourced (e.g., Freelists): ??
 +
 +  * Domain forwarding
 +
 +
 +==== Timing and Players ====
 +
 +   * Who?
 +   * When?
 +   * Resources?
 +
  
boardminutesnovember2010.txt ยท Last modified: 2015/06/09 15:23 (external edit)