User Tools

Site Tools


boardminutesmarch2009

Differences

This shows you the differences between two versions of the page.

Link to this comparison view

boardminutesmarch2009 [2015/06/09 15:23] (current)
Line 1: Line 1:
 +====== Board Minutes March 2009 ======
 +
 +[[http://​devel.oclug.on.ca/​wiki|wiki front page]]
 +
 +Feel free to add an item of discussion to the OCLUG Board Agenda.
 +
 +'​2009-03-17,​ John Nash's place.
 +
 +====== Agenda ======
 +
 +PRESENT: nashjc, maggi, mcr, roland, tyler. ​
 +regrets: Ian (present in IRC)
 +
 +<​code>​
 +Important fact that we obsessed over: all flavoured chips have MSG, except those from shoppers drug mart.
 +</​code>​
 +
 +
 +  * approval of agenda
 +<​code>​
 +added AGM issues.
 +</​code>​
 +
 +
 +  * Approve Last Month'​s Board Meeting Minutes [[:​BoardNotesFebruary2009]]
 +<​code>​
 +no questions about what was discussed. These are not official.
 +no motion.
 +</​code>​
 +
 +
 +  * AGM preperation
 +<​code>​
 +- Ian put up candidates page.
 +- we have 5 people running, MCR not standing again.
 +- should send out an email at the time: oclug-announce.
 +- Roland has ballot box.
 +- maggi will make ballots up.
 +- we will ask for a volunteer from the group to scrutinize.
 +- discussion about bylaws and how/if/when to change it.
 +- need a membership list. (ACTION: mcr)
 +- ice-breaker question: what do you want OCLUG do this coming year?
 +</​code>​
 +
 +
 +  * Review OclugBoardForwardAgenda
 +<​code>​
 +- noted no work on Programming Olympics. Added item to agenda!
 +- added LitW booking.
 +</​code>​
 +
 +
 +  * Programming Olympics.
 +<​code>​
 +- maggi will coordinate contacting Programming Olympics people.
 +- coordinate with last year's judges: Don Kelly, Rob Echlin, John Nash, Tyler Tidman.
 +- would look for more publicity for involvement of OCLUG.
 +- do we need more judges? different judges? ​ Does not think so.
 +- do we want to offer more prizes? bigger prizes?
 +NAMES: Rex Woolard, Ian Allen, Richard Hagemeier.
 +</​code>​
 +
 +  ​
 +  * Back to School with linux.
 +<​code>​
 +- had meeting with CSSA executive at 6:40pm today.
 +- April 28 for first event.
 +- poster ready by around March 30, to be posted at OttawaU.
 +- OCLUG to provide 2-3 bodies, 11am to 4pm, room to be determined. Suggested 2-3 shifts.
 +- September 7 (labour day) is date for second event.
 +- announcement to be made at April 7 meeting.
 +- ACTION: nashjc to contact M.Racine about network access: cabling, but also sample accounts for VPN and WPA2 (several)
 +- business cards, brochures, CDs, network cables, access point, switch.
 +- publicity! ASK OBJ, Russell, IT*, Rotonde, Fulcrum to cover this.
 +</​code>​
 +
 +
 +  * get new business cards, #13
 +<​code>​
 +- remind Ian to get cards.
 +
 +</​code>​
 +
 +
 +  * bank-choices
 +<​code>​
 +MCR asked PC-Financial,​ and it is not an option.
 +</​code>​
 +
 +
 +  * upcoming meetings.
 +<​code>​
 +- speaker for April? It's an AGM.
 +- AJH.
 +- resume speaker who ran out of time in March: WINE appreciation.
 +- beginners talking about a BOF!
 +- much discussion about how to pitch talks at different levels of people.
 +</​code>​
 +
 + 
 +  * tux management.
 +<​code>​
 +- if tux dies, board has decided not to repair it, but to replace or virtual host. (tux not yet dead)
 +- we should verify backups (ACTION: mcr to look at this again, ask wardi to backup too)
 +- ACTION: maggi, compensate RGB for hosting cost.
 +</​code>​
 +
 +  * other
 +
 +
  
boardminutesmarch2009.txt ยท Last modified: 2015/06/09 15:23 (external edit)