User Tools

Site Tools


boardminutesjuly2010

Differences

This shows you the differences between two versions of the page.

Link to this comparison view

boardminutesjuly2010 [2015/06/09 15:23] (current)
Line 1: Line 1:
 +[[http://​devel.oclug.on.ca/​wiki|wiki front page]]
 +
 +====== OCLUG Board Meeting July 27 2010 chez Eric ======
 +
 +All present except Mike who may join by IRC
 +
 +  * Approval of agenda ​  -- all agreed
 +
 +  * Approve Last Board Meeting Minutes [[:​BoardMinutesMay2010]]
 +    -- all agreed
 +
 +  * Change of address for corporation -- We have heard from Mike that
 +   ​change forms have been submitted.
 +
 +  * Signing officers -- only Eric not on list. 
 +
 +  * Review OclugBoardForwardAgenda
 +     * April 2010: what to do in place of programming olympics??
 +           * S&T Museum or something similar
 +           * Tux Tuesday - Mike K to check on ogwifi status and possible cafe still pending.
 +
 +     * July 2010: Book room for next 3-4 months
 +           * Sent email to Richard Hagemeyer
 +
 +     * ongoing: arrange speakers
 +           * Oct: Dru Lavigne Linux and PCBSD
 +           * Sept: R -- joint with OGRUG
 +           * Aug: lightning talks on Gnews
 +                * New copyright law (JST)
 +                * TBA: Gimp
 +
 +           * Possibles: Randy McLeod (Low Level Virtual Machine)
 +           * Choices for Encryption --  panel & keysigning (Tyler?)
 +                      * GPG for email? (Mike Soulier?)
 +           * Updates: ​ JN: persistent live USB
 +                     * Clayton Smith: Mythbuntu
 +           * ?? Filesystems
 +           * ?? Gnome 3
 +           * Craig Miller: expect_light
 +           * Mark Lord: World domination and control over USB
 +     * May 2010: Tux upgrade/​maintenance? ​
 +           * Mike to try to sort out -- report still pending. ​
 +     * "man minute"​ -- e.g., grep JST to introduce JN
 +
 +  * Update on action items from last Board meeting
 +           * Done: AGM minutes and MT financial report -- JN
 +           * Started but needs discussion: ​ Meeting presentations,​ web site and passwords -- Lisa                       
 +
 +  * Serving different classes of users -- discussed in terms of meeting etiquette
 +
 +  * Decide, if possible, on dates for some future Board meetings.
 +          * "​soft"​ board+ meeting to promote linux, possibly Aug 15 or so
 +
 +Adjourned at 9:30.
 +
  
boardminutesjuly2010.txt ยท Last modified: 2015/06/09 15:23 (external edit)