User Tools

Site Tools


boardminutesjanuary2011

Differences

This shows you the differences between two versions of the page.

Link to this comparison view

boardminutesjanuary2011 [2015/06/09 15:23] (current)
Line 1: Line 1:
 +====== OCLUG Board Minutes Jan 25, 2011 ======
 +
 +  === //Feel free to add an item of discussion to the OCLUG Board Agenda.// ===
 +
 +**Meeting Date:​** ​ 2011-01-25 at 19:00
 +
 +**Location**: ​ Rolands Place
 +
 +When it's an irc meeting, use: server //​oftc.net//,​ chatroom //#​oclug-board//​.
 +
 +===== Agenda =====
 +
 +   * Approval of agenda
 +   * Tux setup planning.- AUP in process - recommend install new Wiki now
 +   * Approve Last Month'​s Board Meeting Minutes [[:​BoardMinutesNovember2010]]
 +   * Financial Report Statements next meeting
 +   * Panic book update(s) Reaching Out doc - feedback next meeting
 +   * Membership list discussed
 +   * Corporate address status - mail at M Richardson
 +   * Linux Fund CDs
 +      * We received a box of 220 CDs from Linux Fund, for Software Freedom Day
 +         * Ubuntu, Kubuntu, Fedora, PC-BSD
 +         * Probably should send an official thank you correspondence - John Nash to do !!
 +      * Discuss regular arrangement with Linux Fund, if possible¬ł keeping ourselves in steady supply
 +      * Some of the CDs have been shared with C4C, and Ottawa Public Library (joint project with C4C) for lending out
 +         * Dave has kindly offered to print labels for OCLUG and C4C to affix to loaner CDs
 +         * Lisa sent him OCLUG promo stickers and logo
 +         * Arrange to share the load with Dave or compensate him for printing costs etc.?
 +         * Discuss arranging for a portion of future CDs to be shared with C4C and OPL on an ongoing basis
 +   * O'​Reilly books
 +      * Many LUGs get free books from O'​Reilly
 +      * Often they are used as door prizes or rewards for contributing to LUG projects
 +      * Need volunteer( Mike Kenzie ) to take the lead on research and set up with O'​Reilly
 +   * Google Calendar
 +      * Need volunteer to keep this current with meeting announcements on the website
 +      * Currently done by Lisa to keep it from falling behind
 +      * Explore possibility of setting it up to automatically send a reminder e-mail to the announce mailing list
 +      * Arrangement may change depending on the website setup on new Tux
 +   * Review OclugBoardForwardAgenda ​
 +   * Update on action items from last Board meeting
 +   * Upcoming meetings AGM April
 +   * Membership and outreach
 +   * OCLUG support of Ottawa IPv6 Summit
 +   * Other Meeting topics
 +
 +----
 +
 +===== Tux Setup Planning =====
 +
 +==== Management? ====
 +
 +  * Panic book -- update
 +      * binders
 +      * access passwords (which?)
 +      * financial info
 +      * corporation no. and address(es)
 +      * directors contact info.
 +      * moderators contact info. and scope
 +      * update mechanism -- put on agenda for each month
 +
 +==== Tux ====
 +
 +  * Platform choice
 +  * Base software
 +     * OS
 +     * Apache2
 +     * ssh
 +     * php5 (??)
 +    ​
 +  * Content ​
 +     * Web material
 +     * AUP for users (could be via mailing list)
 +     * Wiki
 +     * other
 +
 +  * Mailing lists: ​
 +     * On host: Mailman, postfix, postgreSQL, SpamAssassin or link to spam filter, other??
 +     * Outsourced (e.g., Freelists): ??
 +
 +  * Domain forwarding
 +
 +
 +==== Timing and Players ====
 +
 +   * Who?
 +   * When?
 +   * Resources?
 +
  
boardminutesjanuary2011.txt · Last modified: 2015/06/09 15:23 (external edit)