User Tools

Site Tools


boardminutesfebruary2010

Differences

This shows you the differences between two versions of the page.

Link to this comparison view

boardminutesfebruary2010 [2015/06/09 15:23] (current)
Line 1: Line 1:
 +[[http://​devel.oclug.on.ca/​wiki|wiki front page]]
 +
 +====== Board Minutes February 2010 ======
 +
 +**Location**:​ IRC
 +**Time** : 19:00
 +
 +<​code>​
 +Present: ​
 +   ​maggi ​  ​Margaret Tidman
 +   ​tylert ​ Tyler Tidman
 +   ​EricB1 ​ Eric Brackenbury
 +   ​wardi ​  Ian Ward
 +   ​bjb ​    ​Brenda Butler
 +   ​rj_ren ​ Roland Renaud
 +   ​SunRaycer ​ Richard Briggs
 +   ​mcr ​ Michael Richardson
 +</​code>​
 +
 +
 +====== Agenda ======
 +
 +  * Approval of Agenda [[:​OclugBoardAgenda]]
 +<​code>​
 +Approved.
 +</​code>​
 +
 +
 +  * Approve Last Month'​s Board Meeting Minutes [[:​BoardMinutesJanuary2010]]
 +<​code>​
 +Approved.
 +</​code>​
 +
 +
 +  * Review OclugBoardForwardAgenda
 +<​code>​
 +Programming Olympics cancelled this year... removed from forward agenda.
 +June: Linux in the Wild added.
 +Approved.
 +</​code>​
 +
 +
 +  * Donations from February 2010 meeting ​
 +<​code>​
 +Roland will drop them off to Tidman residence Feb 26, 2010.
 +</​code>​
 +
 +   
 +  * Retiring old email lists that are not being used
 +<​code>​
 +linux  - keep, our primary list
 +linux-novice ​ - CLOSE
 +mailman - keep, I assume it's a mailman requirement
 +oclug - keep
 +oclug-announce - keep
 +oclug-board - RENAME to oclug-politics to match its full name
 +oclug-events - CLOSE
 +oclug-test - CLOSE
 +oclug-www - keep, provides public record of web site commit information
 +oclug-www-errors - CLOSE, replace with alias to myself for now
 +offtopic - CLOSE
 +ottawa-school-of-it - CLOSE
 +photography-sig - keep
 +sysadmin - keep, it has been used recently
 +
 +ACTION: All board members agreed. ​ Ian to email bjb (Brenda) to make these changes.
 +RESULT: Brenda completed changes and closed mailing lists as per above.
 +</​code>​
 +
 +
 +  * Potential upcoming meetings
 +<​code>​
 +April: bootable USB , JFM
 +April: NetNeutrality,​ MCR
 +May: 
 +June: GPS in Linux - tangogps
 +IPv6, MCR
 +supercomputers from PC clusters, MatthewB
 +</​code>​
 +
 +
 +  * Open requests for new Board Members to start the 2010 term in April
 +<​code>​
 +ACTION: John will follow up with a few leads on new members. ​ John will announce again at the March general meeting.
 +RESULT: Seems to be some interest form Lisa L.  ​
 +</​code>​
 +
 +
 +  * Finding someone to "​audit"​ the financial statements
 +<​code>​
 +ACTION: Brenda to contact someone, will get back to board once a response is received.
 +RESULT: No luck with her contact.
 +ACTION: Find new "​auditor"​
 +RESULT: Richard H offered to "​audit"​ the books again this year.  maggi to meet with him within the next few weeks to get that completed.
 +</​code>​
 +
 +
 +  * Sys Admin matters, ​
 +<​code>​
 +ACTION: Cleaning up old root access.
 +RESULT:
 +</​code>​
 +
 +
 +  * Other
 +<​code>​
 +Changing corporate address.  ​
 +ACTION: nashjc will work out details with MCR to get that sorted by the end of March.
 +RESULT:.
 +</​code>​
 +
 +
 +<​code>​
 +Linux job postings on website.  ​
 +We will start making mention of any job postings on the website at the monthly general meetings.
 +</​code>​
 +
 +
 +
 +  * maggi moved to adjourn, @ 20:26
  
boardminutesfebruary2010.txt ยท Last modified: 2015/06/09 15:23 (external edit)