User Tools

Site Tools


boardminutesapril2014

Differences

This shows you the differences between two versions of the page.

Link to this comparison view

boardminutesapril2014 [2015/06/09 15:23]
127.0.0.1 external edit
boardminutesapril2014 [2019/12/30 09:47] (current)
scott5 converted to code layout. Maybe able to convert to a better layout later, but this is at least readable.
Line 1: Line 1:
-2014-04-24 21:22:34     -->     ASW (~aaron@bas2-kanata16-1176467756.dsl.bell.ca) has joined #oclug-board 
-2014-04-24 21:24:08     -->     scott5 (~scott5@198-91-167-166.cpe.distributel.net) has joined #oclug-board 
-2014-04-24 21:30:07     -->     kdk1966 (~oftc-webi@CPEbcc8100d7ecc-CMbcc8100d7ec9.cpe.net.cable.rogers.com) has joined #oclug-board 
-2014-04-24 21:31:00     scott5  hi guys 
-2014-04-24 21:31:14     ASW     hi 
-2014-04-24 21:32:05     scott5  I guess you noticed the lack of agenda so far :) 
-2014-04-24 21:32:34     ASW     Only when I looked at it about 10 minutes ago 
-2014-04-24 21:32:49     kdk1966 hey all 
-2014-04-24 21:33:06     scott5  have you looked at the minutes from February yet? 
-2014-04-24 21:33:09     scott5  http://wiki.oclug.on.ca/wiki/BoardMinutesFebruary2014 
-2014-04-24 21:33:31     kdk1966 checking it out now... 
-2014-04-24 21:34:05     scott5  I think we can use those as the agenda for the most part 
-2014-04-24 21:36:20     ASW     Does somebody have a log of the IRC meeting we had on March 27th? 
-2014-04-24 21:36:52     scott5  I think I do 
-2014-04-24 21:38:15     scott5  i was wrong, i don?t. 
-2014-04-24 21:38:28     scott5  that was the in-person meeting at RGB's right? 
-2014-04-24 21:39:52     scott5  I guess igorman won?t be joining us tomight, and RGB said he may be a little late, at least he will be able to follow the chat 
-2014-04-24 21:39:59     ASW     The email you sent on March 23rd was about an IRC meeting on March 27th @ 8PM 
-2014-04-24 21:40:13     scott5  hmm 
-2014-04-24 21:40:24     scott5  I don?t seem to have a log, which is odd 
-2014-04-24 21:40:41     ASW     And my IRC log has me logging in, but nothing besides you saying "we need an ian and a scott..." 
-2014-04-24 21:40:54     ASW     sorry, RGB said that... 
-2014-04-24 21:41:30     scott5  oh well, we are flying in the dark? anyone have sonar or IR? 
-2014-04-24 21:42:04     ASW     Well, there's a list of action items at the end of the Feb meeting minutes 
-2014-04-24 21:42:34     ASW     For once I've got some useful information from the bank 
-2014-04-24 21:43:02     scott5  thats pretty good 
-2014-04-24 21:43:11     scott5  what have we learned? 
-2014-04-24 21:43:49     ASW     I got the 2013 yearly statement from RGB (mailed to MCR's home) 
-2014-04-24 21:44:15     ASW     Jan 1 2013 balance: $6023.90 
-2014-04-24 21:44:15     ASW     Dec 31 2013 balance: $5792.49 
-2014-04-24 21:44:34     scott5  We don?t pay a fee for any of this do we? 
-2014-04-24 21:44:42     ASW     As of yesterday, we had $5792.21 in the account 
-2014-04-24 21:45:01     scott5  that is rather odd 
-2014-04-24 21:45:05     scott5  no cheques right? 
-2014-04-24 21:46:04     ASW     Not listed on the summary, but we did give RGB two cheques in Feb 2014 
-2014-04-24 21:46:35     scott5  true 
-2014-04-24 21:46:57     ASW     As far as fees go, we'd have to pay for a full list of transactions 
-2014-04-24 21:47:05     scott5  wow! 
-2014-04-24 21:47:20     scott5  with a balance over $5000 we get nothing? 
-2014-04-24 21:47:45     scott5  we are with a credit union right? 
-2014-04-24 21:47:59     ASW     Yes, Caisse Alterna 
-2014-04-24 21:48:20     ASW     And we don't have online access, they don't have any way of limiting it to "read-only" mode 
-2014-04-24 21:50:09     scott5  I just looked at their service fees. It?s pretty bad, you pay for everything 
-2014-04-24 21:50:39     scott5  are we on monthly or quarterly statements? 
-2014-04-24 21:51:07     ASW     I was hoping the printed statement would give some details about WHY our balance changed... 
-2014-04-24 21:51:19     scott5  one would hope 
-2014-04-24 21:51:46     ASW     The statement I got from RGB was for Jan 1/13 to Dec 31/13 
-2014-04-24 21:52:04     scott5  one statement for the year? 
-2014-04-24 21:52:17     scott5  It does offer an annual statement option 
-2014-04-24 21:52:34     ASW     I suppose I can drop by the Bell's Corners branch some time and see what options we have 
-2014-04-24 21:53:06     scott5  might not be a bad idea. I could meet up there as well in case we need two people 
-2014-04-24 21:53:31     scott5  have we collected any donations yet this year? I think I asked to pass a hat once 
-2014-04-24 21:54:43     ASW     I've got a note on my cell phone that we collected about $25 in Sep 2013, but nothing since then 
-2014-04-24 21:55:14     ASW     And I do remember making a deposit last year 
-2014-04-24 21:56:03     scott5  I guess we should start the ?pass the hat? again, just in case the government doesn?t screw us over as a non-profit. 
-2014-04-24 21:56:34     scott5  I need to have a meeting checklist :) 
-2014-04-24 21:56:57     scott5  it isn?t automatic yet. I should add that to the documentation. 
-2014-04-24 21:58:26     scott5  we aren?t going to solve the oddity tonight. I did send you the domain renewal fee items right? I suppose I should ask for a cheque for the two domains at the next meeting 
-2014-04-24 21:59:36      *      SunRaycer appears 
-2014-04-24 21:59:41     ASW     I don't recall getting anything, just a sec while I check 
-2014-04-24 22:00:40     scott5  Hi there RGB, finished the work stuff? 
-2014-04-24 22:02:02     ASW     Yes, you did on Feb 26th - $11.98 
-2014-04-24 22:02:02     ASW     So do we need a vote by the board to add new board members? WIth RGB we've got 3 of 4 current members. 
-2014-04-24 22:02:02     scott5  did i send one for linux-something.ca? 
-2014-04-24 22:02:19     scott5  we had an election, so we have 4 of 5 :) 
-2014-04-24 22:03:30     SunRaycer       work stuff?  I was singing in a parent-student concert at my daugher's school 
-2014-04-24 22:03:48     scott5  back to domains? there should be two, ugconnect.ca and linux-ottawa.ca 
-2014-04-24 22:04:55     ASW     Yes, I would have seen it if I'd scrolled down... 
-2014-04-24 22:04:55     scott5  RGB, oops, my mistake, you sent an email about that didn?t you? 
-2014-04-24 22:10:49     SunRaycer       only logs I've got this year are 2014-01-29 
-2014-04-24 22:11:05     scott5  RGB, did you manage to get the minutes from the last meeting done? Just wanted to check the todo list. 
-2014-04-24 22:11:44     scott5  we had a meeting at your place in March didn?t we? 
-2014-04-24 22:11:45     SunRaycer       last meeting would have been march, but we didn't end up having a meeting. 
-2014-04-24 22:11:58     scott5  When was the meeting at your place? 
-2014-04-24 22:12:46     SunRaycer       scott5: no.  we were supposed to have an irc meeting in march 27, but you and ian didn't show up. 
-2014-04-24 22:12:55     SunRaycer       last meeting at my place was feb. 
-2014-04-24 22:13:03     scott5  right? my mother?s funeral 
-2014-04-24 22:13:18     SunRaycer       :-( 
-2014-04-24 22:13:30     SunRaycer       wasn't aware of that. 
-2014-04-24 22:13:49     SunRaycer       was ian there?  :-/ 
-2014-04-24 22:13:49     scott5  It was a bit of a sudden trip. I didn?t even bring a computer 
-2014-04-24 22:13:54     scott5  LOL 
-2014-04-24 22:14:22     SunRaycer       was going to ask, was this expected?  sounds not...  sorry to hear. 
-2014-04-24 22:14:53     SunRaycer       was the new board member invited this evening? 
-2014-04-24 22:15:36     scott5  She was in long term care for the past year and a bit, on the previous Thursday night she got sick and was dead by 16:30 on Friday 
-2014-04-24 22:15:56     scott5  it was quite quick and then I had the joy of bad weather and Air Canada 
-2014-04-24 22:16:27     SunRaycer       where was she?  do you have siblings? 
-2014-04-24 22:16:27     scott5  I kind of forgot about the meeting, that was the funeral day. 
-2014-04-24 22:16:50     SunRaycer       well, under those circumstances, that's quite understandable! 
-2014-04-24 22:16:54     scott5  She was home in N:, my sister lioves there still, as well as my father. My brother is in Toronto 
-2014-04-24 22:16:58     scott5  er NL 
-2014-04-24 22:18:04     scott5  I was a bit scatterbrained after that, so I dropped a lot of items that took me a couple of weeks to catch up on. 
-2014-04-24 22:18:51     scott5  I guess that means the February minutes are the latest. We should approve them. 
-2014-04-24 22:19:07     SunRaycer       http://wiki.oclug.on.ca/wiki/BoardMinutesFebruary2014 
-2014-04-24 22:19:18     ASW     They look good to me 
-2014-04-24 22:19:24     scott5  I agree 
-2014-04-24 22:20:11     SunRaycer       I wrote them so I'll likely consent.  :D 
-2014-04-24 22:20:40     SunRaycer       may I ask who is kdk1966 ? 
-2014-04-24 22:21:01     scott5  so all approved, igorman abstaining and kdk wasn?t on the board yet 
-2014-04-24 22:21:02     SunRaycer       sounds like they are the same age as me.  :D 
-2014-04-24 22:21:33     scott5  kdk is our new member 
-2014-04-24 22:22:16     SunRaycer       I missed that part of the AGM because I was helping a user recover data from an unbootable laptop... 
-2014-04-24 22:22:26     scott5  he seems to be having issues with the web client right now 
-2014-04-24 22:23:23      *      SunRaycer has been ignoring join/parts for a long while now, so I'm blissfully unaware of any yoyoing. :D 
-2014-04-24 22:25:32     SunRaycer       ok, looking at that action items list, I only seem to have accomplished one, which was those minutes themselves.  :-/ 
-2014-04-24 22:27:52     SunRaycer       but I did get a bathroom renovated and David Miller accepted my 6-patch set to add a netlink bind mod for audit multicast.  \o/ 
-2014-04-24 22:28:23     SunRaycer       kdk1966: please remind me, who are you? 
-2014-04-24 22:28:37     <--     scott5 (~scott5@198-91-167-166.cpe.distributel.net) has quit (weber.oftc.net resistance.oftc.net) 
-2014-04-24 22:28:37     <--     mcr (~mcr@obiwan.sandelman.ca) has quit (weber.oftc.net resistance.oftc.net) 
-2014-04-24 22:28:37     <--     kdk1966 (~oftc-webi@CPEbcc8100d7ecc-CMbcc8100d7ec9.cpe.net.cable.rogers.com) has quit (weber.oftc.net resistance.oftc.net) 
-2014-04-24 22:28:37     <--     orospakr (~orospakr@mobotropolis.orospakr.ca) has quit (weber.oftc.net resistance.oftc.net) 
-2014-04-24 22:28:37     <--     ASW (~aaron@bas2-kanata16-1176467756.dsl.bell.ca) has quit (weber.oftc.net resistance.oftc.net) 
-2014-04-24 22:28:53     <--     wardi (~ian@edgy.excess.org) has quit (weber.oftc.net resistance.oftc.net) 
-2014-04-24 22:30:20     -->     kdk1966 (~oftc-webi@CPEbcc8100d7ecc-CMbcc8100d7ec9.cpe.net.cable.rogers.com) has joined #oclug-board 
-2014-04-24 22:30:20     -->     scott5 (~scott5@198-91-167-166.cpe.distributel.net) has joined #oclug-board 
-2014-04-24 22:30:20     -->     ASW (~aaron@bas2-kanata16-1176467756.dsl.bell.ca) has joined #oclug-board 
-2014-04-24 22:30:20     -->     wardi (~ian@edgy.excess.org) has joined #oclug-board 
-2014-04-24 22:30:20     -->     mcr (~mcr@obiwan.sandelman.ca) has joined #oclug-board 
-2014-04-24 22:30:20     -->     orospakr (~orospakr@mobotropolis.orospakr.ca) has joined #oclug-board 
-2014-04-24 22:31:30     scott5  I just sent a note to Adrien to see if he wants to do a short talk at teh beginning of the talk next week. Hopefully he will have something. 
-2014-04-24 22:34:33     scott5  John and I will be doing a talk on modern document production techniques, I threatened to do one when I did the slide production talk and John wasnted to fo it at this meeting. We have a few items to show and a number of experiences to discuss. 
-2014-04-24 22:36:24     scott5  I have another Pi talk in the wings as well, environmental monitoring, server monitoring, motion detecting camera, etc. 
-2014-04-24 22:37:53     scott5  I have to send you the AGM membership list. I?ll scan that and send it to you tonight. 
-2014-04-24 22:38:28     scott5  I think that covers the stuff I was supposed to do :D 
-2014-04-24 22:43:43     kdk1966 not my place to dictate the pace here, but I do have a few early-morning appointments.  what else are we hoping do discuss tonight 
-2014-04-24 22:44:03     scott5  true 
-2014-04-24 22:44:14      *      SunRaycer is ill-prepared for this meeting and is yawning a whole lot... 
-2014-04-24 22:44:30     scott5  I suppose I can co-opt you to get the tux documentation completed. You up for that? 
-2014-04-24 22:44:46     SunRaycer       scott5: was there anything urgent we needed to cover before the next members' meeting? 
-2014-04-24 22:45:01     SunRaycer       what tux documentation? 
-2014-04-24 22:45:31     SunRaycer       I need to install a bare O/S on the 2nd v20z as a backup to tuxbis 
-2014-04-24 22:45:42     scott5  the panic book stuff, BCP/whatever 
-2014-04-24 22:45:48     SunRaycer       ah 
-2014-04-24 22:45:54     scott5  are you still planning on virtualizing it on the new machine? 
-2014-04-24 22:46:04     SunRaycer       eventually, but no rush 
-2014-04-24 22:46:26     scott5  I think we can close. ASW covered the finances already, we have an oddity to look at 
-2014-04-24 22:46:32     SunRaycer       I still have to decommission my old desktop (that I am using at the moment) and my old server first... 
-2014-04-24 22:46:58     scott5  how does that go? You get everything but time? 
-2014-04-24 22:47:18     SunRaycer       I have everything but time, correct. 
-2014-04-24 22:48:14     ASW     I'll check with the bank about how much a complete transaction statement costs 
-2014-04-24 22:49:04     scott5  according to the fee schedule I looked at, $1.00 per 
-2014-04-24 22:49:10     SunRaycer       (/me mutters about an audio recording failing this evening due to full SD card...) 
-2014-04-24 22:50:20     scott5  i guess we can end the meeting, I think we covered most of it anyway. 
-2014-04-24 22:50:25     ASW     OK 
-2014-04-24 22:51:15     kdk1966 works for me 
-2014-04-24 22:51:33      *      scott5 bangs virtual gavel.  
-2014-04-24 22:51:55     kdk1966 later, folks 
-2014-04-24 22:52:15     scott5  see you all next week 
-2014-04-24 22:53:05     <--     kdk1966 (~oftc-webi@CPEbcc8100d7ecc-CMbcc8100d7ec9.cpe.net.cable.rogers.com) has quit (Quit: Page closed) 
-2014-04-24 22:53:06     SunRaycer       ciao 
-2014-04-24 22:53:40     <--     scott5 (~scott5@198-91-167-166.cpe.distributel.net) has left #oclug-board 
-2014-04-24 22:54:09     <--     ASW (~aaron@bas2-kanata16-1176467756.dsl.bell.ca) has left #oclug-board 
- 
  
 +  2014-04-24 21:22:34     -->     ASW (~aaron@bas2-kanata16-1176467756.dsl.bell.ca) has joined #oclug-board
 +  2014-04-24 21:24:08     -->     scott5 (~scott5@198-91-167-166.cpe.distributel.net) has joined #oclug-board
 +  2014-04-24 21:30:07     -->     kdk1966 (~oftc-webi@CPEbcc8100d7ecc-CMbcc8100d7ec9.cpe.net.cable.rogers.com) has joined #oclug-board
 +  2014-04-24 21:31:00     scott5  hi guys
 +  2014-04-24 21:31:14     ASW     hi
 +  2014-04-24 21:32:05     scott5  I guess you noticed the lack of agenda so far :)
 +  2014-04-24 21:32:34     ASW     Only when I looked at it about 10 minutes ago
 +  2014-04-24 21:32:49     kdk1966 hey all
 +  2014-04-24 21:33:06     scott5  have you looked at the minutes from February yet?
 +  2014-04-24 21:33:09     scott5  http://wiki.oclug.on.ca/wiki/BoardMinutesFebruary2014
 +  2014-04-24 21:33:31     kdk1966 checking it out now...
 +  2014-04-24 21:34:05     scott5  I think we can use those as the agenda for the most part
 +  2014-04-24 21:36:20     ASW     Does somebody have a log of the IRC meeting we had on March 27th?
 +  2014-04-24 21:36:52     scott5  I think I do
 +  2014-04-24 21:38:15     scott5  i was wrong, i don?t.
 +  2014-04-24 21:38:28     scott5  that was the in-person meeting at RGB's right?
 +  2014-04-24 21:39:52     scott5  I guess igorman won?t be joining us tomight, and RGB said he may be a little late, at least he will be able to follow the chat
 +  2014-04-24 21:39:59     ASW     The email you sent on March 23rd was about an IRC meeting on March 27th @ 8PM
 +  2014-04-24 21:40:13     scott5  hmm
 +  2014-04-24 21:40:24     scott5  I don?t seem to have a log, which is odd
 +  2014-04-24 21:40:41     ASW     And my IRC log has me logging in, but nothing besides you saying "we need an ian and a scott..."
 +  2014-04-24 21:40:54     ASW     sorry, RGB said that...
 +  2014-04-24 21:41:30     scott5  oh well, we are flying in the dark? anyone have sonar or IR?
 +  2014-04-24 21:42:04     ASW     Well, there's a list of action items at the end of the Feb meeting minutes
 +  2014-04-24 21:42:34     ASW     For once I've got some useful information from the bank
 +  2014-04-24 21:43:02     scott5  thats pretty good
 +  2014-04-24 21:43:11     scott5  what have we learned?
 +  2014-04-24 21:43:49     ASW     I got the 2013 yearly statement from RGB (mailed to MCR's home)
 +  2014-04-24 21:44:15     ASW     Jan 1 2013 balance: $6023.90
 +  2014-04-24 21:44:15     ASW     Dec 31 2013 balance: $5792.49
 +  2014-04-24 21:44:34     scott5  We don?t pay a fee for any of this do we?
 +  2014-04-24 21:44:42     ASW     As of yesterday, we had $5792.21 in the account
 +  2014-04-24 21:45:01     scott5  that is rather odd
 +  2014-04-24 21:45:05     scott5  no cheques right?
 +  2014-04-24 21:46:04     ASW     Not listed on the summary, but we did give RGB two cheques in Feb 2014
 +  2014-04-24 21:46:35     scott5  true
 +  2014-04-24 21:46:57     ASW     As far as fees go, we'd have to pay for a full list of transactions
 +  2014-04-24 21:47:05     scott5  wow!
 +  2014-04-24 21:47:20     scott5  with a balance over $5000 we get nothing?
 +  2014-04-24 21:47:45     scott5  we are with a credit union right?
 +  2014-04-24 21:47:59     ASW     Yes, Caisse Alterna
 +  2014-04-24 21:48:20     ASW     And we don't have online access, they don't have any way of limiting it to "read-only" mode
 +  2014-04-24 21:50:09     scott5  I just looked at their service fees. It?s pretty bad, you pay for everything
 +  2014-04-24 21:50:39     scott5  are we on monthly or quarterly statements?
 +  2014-04-24 21:51:07     ASW     I was hoping the printed statement would give some details about WHY our balance changed...
 +  2014-04-24 21:51:19     scott5  one would hope
 +  2014-04-24 21:51:46     ASW     The statement I got from RGB was for Jan 1/13 to Dec 31/13
 +  2014-04-24 21:52:04     scott5  one statement for the year?
 +  2014-04-24 21:52:17     scott5  It does offer an annual statement option
 +  2014-04-24 21:52:34     ASW     I suppose I can drop by the Bell's Corners branch some time and see what options we have
 +  2014-04-24 21:53:06     scott5  might not be a bad idea. I could meet up there as well in case we need two people
 +  2014-04-24 21:53:31     scott5  have we collected any donations yet this year? I think I asked to pass a hat once
 +  2014-04-24 21:54:43     ASW     I've got a note on my cell phone that we collected about $25 in Sep 2013, but nothing since then
 +  2014-04-24 21:55:14     ASW     And I do remember making a deposit last year
 +  2014-04-24 21:56:03     scott5  I guess we should start the ?pass the hat? again, just in case the government doesn?t screw us over as a non-profit.
 +  2014-04-24 21:56:34     scott5  I need to have a meeting checklist :)
 +  2014-04-24 21:56:57     scott5  it isn?t automatic yet. I should add that to the documentation.
 +  2014-04-24 21:58:26     scott5  we aren?t going to solve the oddity tonight. I did send you the domain renewal fee items right? I suppose I should ask for a cheque for the two domains at the next meeting
 +  2014-04-24 21:59:36      *      SunRaycer appears
 +  2014-04-24 21:59:41     ASW     I don't recall getting anything, just a sec while I check
 +  2014-04-24 22:00:40     scott5  Hi there RGB, finished the work stuff?
 +  2014-04-24 22:02:02     ASW     Yes, you did on Feb 26th - $11.98
 +  2014-04-24 22:02:02     ASW     So do we need a vote by the board to add new board members? WIth RGB we've got 3 of 4 current members.
 +  2014-04-24 22:02:02     scott5  did i send one for linux-something.ca?
 +  2014-04-24 22:02:19     scott5  we had an election, so we have 4 of 5 :)
 +  2014-04-24 22:03:30     SunRaycer       work stuff?  I was singing in a parent-student concert at my daugher's school
 +  2014-04-24 22:03:48     scott5  back to domains? there should be two, ugconnect.ca and linux-ottawa.ca
 +  2014-04-24 22:04:55     ASW     Yes, I would have seen it if I'd scrolled down...
 +  2014-04-24 22:04:55     scott5  RGB, oops, my mistake, you sent an email about that didn?t you?
 +  2014-04-24 22:10:49     SunRaycer       only logs I've got this year are 2014-01-29
 +  2014-04-24 22:11:05     scott5  RGB, did you manage to get the minutes from the last meeting done? Just wanted to check the todo list.
 +  2014-04-24 22:11:44     scott5  we had a meeting at your place in March didn?t we?
 +  2014-04-24 22:11:45     SunRaycer       last meeting would have been march, but we didn't end up having a meeting.
 +  2014-04-24 22:11:58     scott5  When was the meeting at your place?
 +  2014-04-24 22:12:46     SunRaycer       scott5: no.  we were supposed to have an irc meeting in march 27, but you and ian didn't show up.
 +  2014-04-24 22:12:55     SunRaycer       last meeting at my place was feb.
 +  2014-04-24 22:13:03     scott5  right? my mother?s funeral
 +  2014-04-24 22:13:18     SunRaycer       :-(
 +  2014-04-24 22:13:30     SunRaycer       wasn't aware of that.
 +  2014-04-24 22:13:49     SunRaycer       was ian there?  :-/
 +  2014-04-24 22:13:49     scott5  It was a bit of a sudden trip. I didn?t even bring a computer
 +  2014-04-24 22:13:54     scott5  LOL
 +  2014-04-24 22:14:22     SunRaycer       was going to ask, was this expected?  sounds not...  sorry to hear.
 +  2014-04-24 22:14:53     SunRaycer       was the new board member invited this evening?
 +  2014-04-24 22:15:36     scott5  She was in long term care for the past year and a bit, on the previous Thursday night she got sick and was dead by 16:30 on Friday
 +  2014-04-24 22:15:56     scott5  it was quite quick and then I had the joy of bad weather and Air Canada
 +  2014-04-24 22:16:27     SunRaycer       where was she?  do you have siblings?
 +  2014-04-24 22:16:27     scott5  I kind of forgot about the meeting, that was the funeral day.
 +  2014-04-24 22:16:50     SunRaycer       well, under those circumstances, that's quite understandable!
 +  2014-04-24 22:16:54     scott5  She was home in N:, my sister lioves there still, as well as my father. My brother is in Toronto
 +  2014-04-24 22:16:58     scott5  er NL
 +  2014-04-24 22:18:04     scott5  I was a bit scatterbrained after that, so I dropped a lot of items that took me a couple of weeks to catch up on.
 +  2014-04-24 22:18:51     scott5  I guess that means the February minutes are the latest. We should approve them.
 +  2014-04-24 22:19:07     SunRaycer       http://wiki.oclug.on.ca/wiki/BoardMinutesFebruary2014
 +  2014-04-24 22:19:18     ASW     They look good to me
 +  2014-04-24 22:19:24     scott5  I agree
 +  2014-04-24 22:20:11     SunRaycer       I wrote them so I'll likely consent.  :D
 +  2014-04-24 22:20:40     SunRaycer       may I ask who is kdk1966 ?
 +  2014-04-24 22:21:01     scott5  so all approved, igorman abstaining and kdk wasn?t on the board yet
 +  2014-04-24 22:21:02     SunRaycer       sounds like they are the same age as me.  :D
 +  2014-04-24 22:21:33     scott5  kdk is our new member
 +  2014-04-24 22:22:16     SunRaycer       I missed that part of the AGM because I was helping a user recover data from an unbootable laptop...
 +  2014-04-24 22:22:26     scott5  he seems to be having issues with the web client right now
 +  2014-04-24 22:23:23      *      SunRaycer has been ignoring join/parts for a long while now, so I'm blissfully unaware of any yoyoing. :D
 +  2014-04-24 22:25:32     SunRaycer       ok, looking at that action items list, I only seem to have accomplished one, which was those minutes themselves.  :-/
 +  2014-04-24 22:27:52     SunRaycer       but I did get a bathroom renovated and David Miller accepted my 6-patch set to add a netlink bind mod for audit multicast.  \o/
 +  2014-04-24 22:28:23     SunRaycer       kdk1966: please remind me, who are you?
 +  2014-04-24 22:28:37     <--     scott5 (~scott5@198-91-167-166.cpe.distributel.net) has quit (weber.oftc.net resistance.oftc.net)
 +  2014-04-24 22:28:37     <--     mcr (~mcr@obiwan.sandelman.ca) has quit (weber.oftc.net resistance.oftc.net)
 +  2014-04-24 22:28:37     <--     kdk1966 (~oftc-webi@CPEbcc8100d7ecc-CMbcc8100d7ec9.cpe.net.cable.rogers.com) has quit (weber.oftc.net resistance.oftc.net)
 +  2014-04-24 22:28:37     <--     orospakr (~orospakr@mobotropolis.orospakr.ca) has quit (weber.oftc.net resistance.oftc.net)
 +  2014-04-24 22:28:37     <--     ASW (~aaron@bas2-kanata16-1176467756.dsl.bell.ca) has quit (weber.oftc.net resistance.oftc.net)
 +  2014-04-24 22:28:53     <--     wardi (~ian@edgy.excess.org) has quit (weber.oftc.net resistance.oftc.net)
 +  2014-04-24 22:30:20     -->     kdk1966 (~oftc-webi@CPEbcc8100d7ecc-CMbcc8100d7ec9.cpe.net.cable.rogers.com) has joined #oclug-board
 +  2014-04-24 22:30:20     -->     scott5 (~scott5@198-91-167-166.cpe.distributel.net) has joined #oclug-board
 +  2014-04-24 22:30:20     -->     ASW (~aaron@bas2-kanata16-1176467756.dsl.bell.ca) has joined #oclug-board
 +  2014-04-24 22:30:20     -->     wardi (~ian@edgy.excess.org) has joined #oclug-board
 +  2014-04-24 22:30:20     -->     mcr (~mcr@obiwan.sandelman.ca) has joined #oclug-board
 +  2014-04-24 22:30:20     -->     orospakr (~orospakr@mobotropolis.orospakr.ca) has joined #oclug-board
 +  2014-04-24 22:31:30     scott5  I just sent a note to Adrien to see if he wants to do a short talk at teh beginning of the talk next week. Hopefully he will have something.
 +  2014-04-24 22:34:33     scott5  John and I will be doing a talk on modern document production techniques, I threatened to do one when I did the slide production talk and John wasnted to fo it at this meeting. We have a few items to show and a number of experiences to discuss.
 +  2014-04-24 22:36:24     scott5  I have another Pi talk in the wings as well, environmental monitoring, server monitoring, motion detecting camera, etc.
 +  2014-04-24 22:37:53     scott5  I have to send you the AGM membership list. I?ll scan that and send it to you tonight.
 +  2014-04-24 22:38:28     scott5  I think that covers the stuff I was supposed to do :D
 +  2014-04-24 22:43:43     kdk1966 not my place to dictate the pace here, but I do have a few early-morning appointments.  what else are we hoping do discuss tonight
 +  2014-04-24 22:44:03     scott5  true
 +  2014-04-24 22:44:14      *      SunRaycer is ill-prepared for this meeting and is yawning a whole lot...
 +  2014-04-24 22:44:30     scott5  I suppose I can co-opt you to get the tux documentation completed. You up for that?
 +  2014-04-24 22:44:46     SunRaycer       scott5: was there anything urgent we needed to cover before the next members' meeting?
 +  2014-04-24 22:45:01     SunRaycer       what tux documentation?
 +  2014-04-24 22:45:31     SunRaycer       I need to install a bare O/S on the 2nd v20z as a backup to tuxbis
 +  2014-04-24 22:45:42     scott5  the panic book stuff, BCP/whatever
 +  2014-04-24 22:45:48     SunRaycer       ah
 +  2014-04-24 22:45:54     scott5  are you still planning on virtualizing it on the new machine?
 +  2014-04-24 22:46:04     SunRaycer       eventually, but no rush
 +  2014-04-24 22:46:26     scott5  I think we can close. ASW covered the finances already, we have an oddity to look at
 +  2014-04-24 22:46:32     SunRaycer       I still have to decommission my old desktop (that I am using at the moment) and my old server first...
 +  2014-04-24 22:46:58     scott5  how does that go? You get everything but time?
 +  2014-04-24 22:47:18     SunRaycer       I have everything but time, correct.
 +  2014-04-24 22:48:14     ASW     I'll check with the bank about how much a complete transaction statement costs
 +  2014-04-24 22:49:04     scott5  according to the fee schedule I looked at, $1.00 per
 +  2014-04-24 22:49:10     SunRaycer       (/me mutters about an audio recording failing this evening due to full SD card...)
 +  2014-04-24 22:50:20     scott5  i guess we can end the meeting, I think we covered most of it anyway.
 +  2014-04-24 22:50:25     ASW     OK
 +  2014-04-24 22:51:15     kdk1966 works for me
 +  2014-04-24 22:51:33      *      scott5 bangs virtual gavel. 
 +  2014-04-24 22:51:55     kdk1966 later, folks
 +  2014-04-24 22:52:15     scott5  see you all next week
 +  2014-04-24 22:53:05     <--     kdk1966 (~oftc-webi@CPEbcc8100d7ecc-CMbcc8100d7ec9.cpe.net.cable.rogers.com) has quit (Quit: Page closed)
 +  2014-04-24 22:53:06     SunRaycer       ciao
 +  2014-04-24 22:53:40     <--     scott5 (~scott5@198-91-167-166.cpe.distributel.net) has left #oclug-board
 +  2014-04-24 22:54:09     <--     ASW (~aaron@bas2-kanata16-1176467756.dsl.bell.ca) has left #oclug-board
boardminutesapril2014.txt ยท Last modified: 2019/12/30 09:47 by scott5